NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($14.62)
      BB ($5.90)
      UTG ($25.14)
      UTG+1 ($7.27)
      CO ($17.68)
      BTN ($15.46)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: 8:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.15, fold, BTN calls $0.80

FLOP ($2.40) 4:club: 5:spade: 8:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.40, Hero raises to $13.47 (AI), BTN folds

Hero shows A:spade: 8:spade:

Hero wins $6.72

33/24/ 69hands

I 3bet him he preety loose pre A8 is perfect hand to 3bet so i do to test him, he flat call ok he looks gay who try autoplay me post flop ip so his range is pretty wide i think.

F: ok this is sick line but i play like that two reason i thinks his range is wide and when i check he bets 100% his range and i don't want see a lot OC turn boecuse he alwyas calls once OC so i decided c/shove too fold his OC even if he calls 99-QQ i have some equity.

other line i prefer is bet - bet - shove
  • 5 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Pot size bet on flop usually mean set or 99+. Vs maniacs sometime Kx and Ax. I think we are behind most of the time, I'd just fold it plus we are deep stacked.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello deivid2,

With Check/Raise you are only making to fold worse hands and likely will continue those hands what beat you like overpairs. Also such a shove just indicates to that you don't have a very good hand. If I were you then I'd think like "why is he shoving here when he does have a set?", snap-call with my overpair. So therefore I don't really like it. I guess if I'd Check/Raise there then I'd make ~$6 and ship the turn. Otherwise we could as well consider going for pot control and just Call his pot-size bet, although such potting often times mean a strong hand unless you have some other reads.

One small add-on, I do like the Check/Raise here often times when I see the opponent folding his overpair in this situation. And it's very strong move and they will do that often even though it's a 3bet pot.

Best regards.
    • deivid2
      deivid2
      Global
      ok what do you thinks bet - bet turn scary cards - shove river???
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by deivid2
      ok what do you thinks bet - bet turn scary cards - shove river???
      Either Bet it or let him bluff again 2nd time. He might still fire a 2nd barrel with pure air there while to Bet he might fold. Depends what kind of reads you had on him and how aggressive he was and how often did he go to showdown and etc.
    • deivid2
      deivid2
      Global
      i don't know anythink i play vs him only 69hands, but he looks tricky LAG player so i think the best option is fold preflop :) or call and play small pots.

i have reads he betpots any time.