Every played drunken?

• ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I want to play right now but I think I just play play money this night because else I would lose too much. :(

Did you every played without full confidence on a limit? (Drunken? Tired? Or something else?)

I think I never did it and I will play "play money" now because of my status. :) (Maybe a bit tired from time to time.)
  • 15 replies
    • chuckdeg
      chuckdeg
      Bronze
      I did play when I was very frustrated. At that time, I was a newbie. So I lost a lot of cash and since then, I've learned to play only when i am feeling fine. That doesn't mean I dont drink when I am playing tough. lol

But of course, i never play drunk.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Good choice. I am playing play money right now and I eould have lost hundreds of dollars if would have played for real. But I met nice people (at least one) so I had a good time and I think this is important as well.
      Good luck at the table, don't play drunk and if then play for play money and fun and met nice people. :)
      Gn8. :)
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Every week in our home game, there's some alcohol consumed and sometimes some grass...
      It's good for my poker actually. The others become calling stations, go all-in thinking their 9TJJQ is a straight etc ... while I just have more patience and play real TAG :D
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      What idiots.

Anyway, I've played drunk (and stoned) before online too, and it's definitely not recommendable. I become overconfident and start doing stupid things. I've had winning sessions before (one time I called an all in on the river with A high and won), but generally, it's definately -EV. Avoid it.
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Normally it's not recommended to play in a bad mood: drunk, tired...

However, the truth is that sometimes you'll win big playing drunk if you're in a streak of good luck :D

I myself did it one time ;)

Good luck at the tables!
    • Floating
      Floating
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Timor83
      What idiots.

I've had winning sessions before (one time I called an all in on the river with A high and won), but generally, it's definately -EV. Avoid it.
      the drawback of online play is that it is hard to judge what the other guy is on ;-)
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      i knew it... i knew you were drunk when i opened skype today ^^

at topic: never did it (online for real cash)
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      bs...if you have the sense to play with fake money instead of real cash , you are not drunk enough :tongue:
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      Usually when I am drunk, my last though is poker :D

I tried to play once with some friends after we had consumed a couple of brandys, but the attempt was disastrous and nobody could concentrate on what he is doing. It was ridicilous, so we stopped just in several minutes.

The other case was a week ago, when, before a party, I had a small whiskey while playing poker, but I didn't get drunk that fast and my regular play didn't change much.

As a matter of fact, I've read somewhere that Daniel Negreanu played 300-600 drunk :D He didn't like it for sure, being stuck like 70 grand :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Wtf I don't even remember my posts here and thought someone might have hacked my account. ;)

Btw frzl this sykpe msg has to be older ;)
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      How can you have a blackout, yet you were able to spell...
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I know what I did but I don't know that I posted it here. And I try to correct every post even drunken. (See frzl screenshot also. That is the raw format which gets corrected afterwards.) ;)

(And I think I had an additional drink after the posts also. :D )
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Well, tonight is my last night of going out in 2008, with free beer paid by Timor83 because of a bet we made on a soccer match....
      So I'll withdraw my bankroll to my account beforehand :D
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Have fun. :)

Btw I close here now. ;)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      :D