AK overrated?

• SaynotoKlaus
      SaynotoKlaus
      Bronze
      Isn't AK an overrated hand? Professional poker players say that you should play aggressively AK , but i lost too much money by doing so.
      Is it even worth re-raising with it? If your opponent calls , most of the time you don't hit anything , and if he re-raises , you fold , unless you want to lose your entire stack.
      How do you guys play AK?
  • 4 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      AK is my fourth biggest winner over sample of ~ 600k hands, so I wouldn't call it overrated. And yea, I play it aggro.
    • ekisz
      ekisz
      Bronze
      At cash tables when I play AK play about like that: if money average about 20$ and im about midle posision with this hand i raise minimum 3$ if only one player called it and i dont hit anything on flop i bet lilibt more then pre-flop it other guys calls its smells shitly so then big chanse that i fold (afcorse if river dont get my K or A), better do big bet and take SM and BB then lose all you stack because you paired both card but guy who entered in pot wint (2;2) and get three of kind...

At tournaments situasion is other if tournament just stared and he is prety cheap so push all in isn very good because you may be called with stupied hands like 5 5 j :spade: 9 :spade: so at tournamens i play more tight this hand.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      AK is my fourth biggest winner over sample of ~ 600k hands, so I wouldn't call it overrated. And yea, I play it aggro.
      WTF
      Been hacked
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jmackenzie
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      WTF
      Been hacked
      ... or maybe AK is actually my fourth biggest loser