Guess what just hit the fan? NLHE FR Cash

• Bashlik101
      Bashlik101
      Bronze

:diamond: :f_p: Hi everyone:f_p: :diamond:  

Before talking about poker I would like to write about myself. Im 21 year old guy from Lithuania (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EprGnEjm2oE this is how we deal with players who like to call an all in with KJo :evil: ). I have studied economics at ISM university for 2,5 years but in the autumn semester I failed few subjects (due to my bad habit of being increadibly lazy) so now I have got one year off and have to pass these subjects during that time :f_frown: . Failing at uni had big emotional impact on me as I understood what lies ahead if I dont change and do something about my life. My parents still support me but are telling me to find a job. I would love to get a job related to financial markets but when unemployment is around 16% I find it pretty hard to do. You can see where its going- playing Poker for a living!!! :s_cool: :s_cool: :s_cool:

I know what you are thinking- another guy who thinks that winning at poker is like taking a walk in the park. But Im not that guy, to prove that here is a graph showing what I've been through:

What a nice ride I had :f_mad: I started @PartyPoker and managed to produce this nice upward sloping line in about one month starting @NL2 FR and by the end of the month i was at NL50 crushing souls with my godmode cheat on. :s_ugly: :s_biggrin: :s_cool: And then... Guess what had hit the fan?? :f_o:

Reality kicked in and showed me my true level of skill at poker :s_thumbsup: As you can see it still took many hands to convince me that its not a downswing... :f_frown:

After this rollercoaster ride I had about $300 left from bonuses+promotions so I decided that its time to learn a thing or two and played NL2 FR:

Now Im more like 12/9 since I learned a thing or two about what TAG really means... :)

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

Okay, thats enough about the past :P Its time to move forward. I improved my game alot by reading PokerStrategy articles, forums, and watching videos. Im also reading 2+2 strategy posts and watching videos from sites like CardRunners and DeucesCracked. :s_cool:

My plan is to make $400/month. That would be enough to make ends meet. :) I think that its completely doable. I made a $370 deposit to Poker Stars via bank transfer on friday so money should be there on monday or tuesday. I will get 100% deposit bonus there. :)

I will play FR BSS. I will start grinding NL2 about 15 tables at a time 6-7 hours a day. If I manage to beat it at about 2bb/100hands over 20k hands I will move up to NL4 and do the same. If I beat NL4 I will move up to NL10 and grind there until my BR reaches $600. Then I will take shots @NL25. So basically I want to reach NL25 and beat it @ 2bb/100hands so I would make on average $20/day playing 4000hands/day. This is my plan :) But i know that things usually never go according to it so Im prepared for surprises down the way :)

I chose 20k hand samples for the limits that I have sufficent bankroll for, to see if i can beat them. If I cant beat a limit for 20k hands and my bankroll is more than 25BI for that limit I will take 3 days completely off to study and then play 20k hands more @ that limit. If my BR drops below 20BI for a limit I will take 3 days off and move down. :)

Every day I will read the forums, articles, watch videos, post hands. And of course post here.

After I have cleared the bonus @ Poker Stars Im planning to move part of my BR to a site where my account would be tracked by PokerStrategy (my acc on Stars isnt tracked). In that way I could give something back to the creators of this community :f_cool:

I believe that writing a blog will help me stay motivated and disciplined. I would like to ask you to post your opinions or everything else you feel like posting :) Criticism is welcome at all times:)

:diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond:

My goals: 
      20k hands @NL2, at least 2bb/100 winrate. - COMPLETED (9.74bb/100) 
      20k hands @NL4, at least 2bb/100 winrate. - COMPLETED (11.87bb/100) 
      Play NL10 until BR reaches $600. -COMPLETED (reached $600, 20k hands @NL10 9.35bb/100) 
      Move to NL25. 
      :D Get a life.:D  

:diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond:
  • 46 replies
    • AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      Good luck man, I'm curious to see how you progress and if you actually manage to make a living out of it :)
    • Bashlik101
      Bashlik101
      Bronze
      Today money reached PokerStars so I decided to hit the tables. Never tried 24 tabling before and I expected that it will be near impossible not to time out but it went fine (AHK helped alot) :f_grin: . As I said I played NL2 FR BSS. Here are the results:

Hands played: 4355
      Profit/loss: $8.63

Started tilting towards the end because a guy in one table open shoved any two and I called him once with AJs and of course lost against his 28o, then called with AJo and again lost against his Q5s and then called with 77 and lost against J6O :s_evil: But wait, then I got QQ, limped and guess what- the guy folded :D

All in all I think it was a good starting session, I think I can do more hands/day and hopefully not tilt too much because when youre 24 tabling tilt can be menacing :)

And check out this documentary :s_thumbsup: :
    • Bashlik101
      Bashlik101
      Bronze
      Few minutes ago I finished my second session of NL2 FR BSS, here are the results:

Hands played: 6789
      Profit/Loss: $18.23

Here is the graph:

Today I managed to run very close to all-in EV. Overall I am very happy with the results (although they could have been better if I managed to concentrate more towards the end) :s_confused: . I feel that I need to spend more time on session reviews.

Could someone give me some tips on reviewing a session? It seems that my decisions in big pots are ok but I think I have a leak when it comes to middle sized pots. And do you use any mods that help your eyes? Mine start to hurt after a while :f_cool:
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Some solid goals there man, hope you succeed :) Take a trip to my blog (In my Sig) if you feel like, I also started out at NL2FR and am currently in the process of moving to NL50FR :)
    • Bashlik101
      Bashlik101
      Bronze
      Today I played my 3rd session and with it completed 20k hands @ NL2 :] :] :] In these 20k hands I managed to beat the game @ 9.74bb/100hands :) Running good :D

Here are the results of todays session:

Hands played: 8713
      Profit/loss: $18.57

Heres the graph:

Here is a pretty funny hand :s_biggrin: :
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($4.09)
      BB ($0.63)
      UTG ($1.05)
      MP1 ($1.20)
      MP2 ($1)
      CO ($0.92)
      Hero (Button) ($4.64)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, J
      1 fold, MP1 bets $0.08, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.08, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.19) 5, 10, K (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.19) K (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.14, MP1 calls $0.14

River: ($0.47) J (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.98 (All-In), Hero calls $0.98

Total pot: $2.43 | Rake: $0.12

Results:
      Hero had J, J (full house, Jacks over Kings).
      MP1 had Q, A (straight, Ace high).
      Outcome: Hero won $2.31

The first thing that popped into my mind was: nice hand sir :s_biggrin:

So I have completed my first goal :) I really thought it would be harder :) Tomorrow I should start playing NL4 but there is some fear in me that if I start losing at the start it could trigger my ultra tilt mode and blow off big chunk of my winnings :( I hope it doesnt go like that :)

• Bashlik101
      Bashlik101
      Bronze
      Yesterday I played my 4th session. It was my first session of NL4 FR BSS. :) Here are the results:

Hands played: 7232
      Profit/loss: $42.57

Here is the graph:

I am very happy with the results, I think I ran like god :D Having made profit in my first session of NL4 gives me alot of confidence and I feel that there is less risk that I will go on tilt if I have a losing session now :)
    • Bashlik101
      Bashlik101
      Bronze
      Today I played my 5th session :) I started playing NL2 because my mood was pretty bad and I feared I could go on tilt but later I switched to NL4 and multitabled the heck out of it :s_biggrin: Here are the results:

Hands played: 3556
      Profit/loss: $36.96

Here is the graph:

Well as you can see Im running incredibly well :f_eek: Of course it is brilliant but the confidence in my game is reaching a level that may cause some problems :f_cry: I am currently spending no time on session reviews and I have stopped improving my game :) I am thinking of taking one day off to study more, review my sessions and search for leaks with the help of leakbuster :)

Leakbuster tells me that I have pretty significant leaks but I have thoughts that those leaks are exploited only in higher stakes. For example my 3bet% is pretty low, but I think that in these nano-levels you dont need to balance your range so much with the purpose of getting paid off when you have AA KK. And using 3bets as bluffs in micros could be pretty dangerous if you 3bet fishes too much :)

I would be very happy if someone could comment on these thoughts :)
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Your thoughts are right man. On the nano stakes keep your 3betting for value only, JJ+ and AK I would suggest :)

Don't take too much notice of Leakbuster whilst playing the micros, it suggests playing quite a lot looser than is optimal on these limits. Being a complete nit is fine on NL4 and such.

In terms of becoming overconfident, try not to :D Even after a winning session review your biggest winning and losing hands, it is entirely plausible that you played a hugely winning hand badly but got lucky.Also, don't neglect the hands where you win or lose medium sized pots :)
    • Bashlik101
      Bashlik101
      Bronze
      Did a very short session yesterday. Here are the results:

Hands played: 109
      Profit/loss: $8.18

Here is the graph:

I decided to play few hands @NL10 just 4 fun :D Game seemed to be full of multitablers/nits so by bluffing in pots where they showed no strenght I managed to win a few $ :)
    • Bashlik101
      Bashlik101
      Bronze
      Today I played my 7th session :) It was entirely NL4. Here are the results:

Hands played: 5964
      Profit/loss: $8.44

Here is the graph:

Well poker gods werent so kind for me today :D I was very lucky to end this day with some profit :) At the start I got sucked out on while holding AK on AT7 rainbow board when we both went allin on the flop (I had 3bet preflop) the guy called with KQ and guess what came on the turn :D After this hand I was a bit tilty and I think that brought out my tilt-leak :) I began to play too loosly, making loose calldowns thinking that the guy betting three streets still cant beat TPGK :D I managed to spot this leak and played rock solid again from about the middle of the session :)

Today I learned that if you have 77/33 maniac on your left it is best to leave the table unless you can adapt very well and dont go on tilt when the guy keeps pounding you all the way to the showdown with marginal holdings :) Of course if you can fold TPGK on the flop knowing that he will continue betting on later streets then good 4 you. I cant, and I think its just -EV to go to war with that type of a guy on your left :) Table select to death if you want to crush the game :D

Ok enough of my ramblings, I am very happy I ended this day with a profit :)
    • Bashlik101
      Bashlik101
      Bronze
      So today I played my 8th session, I have completed 20k hands @NL5 and today about half of the session was NL10 :) Here are the results:

Hands played: 6530
      Profit/loss: $56.90

Here is the graph:

I am very happy with the results :) $29 came from NL4 and $27 from NL10 :) I must say that NL10 is much more aggresive and its harder to play in this limit :evil: NL2 and NL5 are almost the sime but @ NL10 it seems that there are much more regs who like to put you in tricky spots :) I hope that it all goes well in this new level for me :)

I managed to beat NL5 @ 11.87bb/100hands over 20k hands. I think I ran incredibly well :) I would be very happy if anyone could give me some tips/advice on NL10 and the main differences between NL5 and NL10? Is it still ok to be a nit? :)
    • Bashlik101
      Bashlik101
      Bronze
      Today I played my 9nth session :) It was entirely NL10 :) Here are the results:

Hands played: 5068
      Profit/loss: $73.31

Here is the graph:

As you can see my good run continues :) I find NL10 alot more emotionally draining with these 3betting flop-donking turn-raising guys with whom sometimes I start playing a game called "who has the biggest balls" :) Happily I won most of these ego matches but I MUST work on my mindset and game to better combat the aggression :)

I think there is no other way but to visit poker monastery called 2+2 and read some strategy posts about post flop play and blind stealing/restealing :)

All in all I am extremely happy with todays results :)

The burning shoes from compton are coming to get u :s_evil: :
    • Bashlik101
      Bashlik101
      Bronze
      Today was another great day :) I played my 10th session :) Here are the results:

Hands played: 5849
      Profit/loss: $51.82

Here is the graph:

Good run continues :) And I am very happy with it :) Today I almost layed down KK preflop when a regular with whom I have some history 4bet me small from the CO when I 3bet him from the BU. HUD was showing 1,1% 4betting range and I thought to myself could it be KK? :D Flop came low cards and I called his bet, on the turn I picked up flush draw and called after he bet his remaining stack, through the whole hand I just felt he had AA and I was just hoping he slows down :)

Have some of you guys folded KK preflop? :) I am interested to know if it could be a profitable play against some ubernits :) For example if a guy has extremely low 4bet% over a big sample size in theory you could profitably fold KK preflop if he 4bets you, because he can then have 6 combos of AA and only 1 combo of KK. So he has AA 85.7% of the time in this situation. 14.3% of the time you will have 50% equity and 85.7% of the time you will have 18% equity.

Lets do the math: 0.143*0.5+0.857*0.18=0.07+0.15=0.22 .
      We get 22%, this means we have 22% equity when an ubernit 4bets us, now the questions is- do you really want to go broke when you have just 22% equity? :) I dont :)

Of course these type of guys can only be identified when you have a large sample on them, I had ~670 hands on the guy and I believe thats not enough. I think you need at least few k hands to be sure. And few k hands on a guy is a rare thing in micros :)

But still I believe folding KK preflop can be profitable in very rare cases and it can save you a stack or two when you are climbing the ladder to the promised land of small stakes :D :)
    • johnwayne360
      johnwayne360
      Bronze
      Great blog ur cleaning up keep up the good work
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      u ever have a losing day? well either have i this month
    • Bashlik101
      Bashlik101
      Bronze
      johnwayne360 - thanks, I am trying very hard :)

Targetme - Its only been 10 days and I am running very well :) I think that closing down those 20-50bb games had a big impact on the amount of the fish at the tables, that helps alot :)
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      Solid and nice blog from one more lithuanian. Keep it up! ;)

About foldin KK: sometimes it's nothing wrong to fold it if the 4betor is tooootal nitfish. still if he has QQ+ 4bet range its fifty fifty... very close. So if your intuition tells that fold here is better just fold and move on to the next hand. Specially when you 24tabling.Simple. :)
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • Bashlik101
      Bashlik101
      Bronze
      11th session completed :) Here are the results:

Hands played: 7493
      Profit/loss: $38.19

Here is the graph:

"Tilt management practice" - thats how I named this day :) And boy was I tilting :D I now can more easily identify when I start tilting and deviating from my A game :) I always thought that when I will start tilting I will splash chips around and make triple barrel bluffs, because that was what I was doing when I was just starting out in poker :) But now I tilt differently, now my tilt is more like- "I know he has nothing. I have ace high. I call" :) Today I learned to see this pattern in my thinking more easily and replace it with better one :)

2 or 3 times today I found myself in the same situation I wrote about yesterday (I have KK, super nitty villain 4bets me small) and in all of these situations villain indeed had AA :) I just hope that next time I WILL fold :) It would add few stacks to my daily grind :)

Overall I am very happy that today I made some profit and didnt leave my tiltmode on for too long :)