[NL2-NL10] NL - JJ Big Blind

• Baxter82
      Baxter82
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold 'em, 0.10$ BB

I have JJ on BB, nobody raises, I raise 4xBB. 1 player called. On flop there is:
      K,K,8

The question is: Do I have made hand or trash hand? I mean, do I have top pair?
  • 8 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Oficially, you have a trash hand. But you still have to follow with a cbet, since on a paired board your opponent likely also missed.
    • pokerdude129525
      pokerdude129525
      Bronze
      i think you have a made hand. after all you have two pairs and made hands start with two pairs. or am i wrong?
    • Baxter82
      Baxter82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by poderdude129525
      i think you have a made hand. after all you have two pairs and made hands start with two pairs. or am i wrong?

But, that pair of kings is everyone's pair so I only have one pair. But I am not sure should I consider that pair of jacks as top pair or not.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Two pair don't count if there is a pair on the board (in the community cards) because this pair counts for every player and there is a chance that one player has trips already. In this case you only play the pair which you can build out of a hole card and one card of the community cards

please, reread our strategy articles, especailly this one: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/218/1/
    • Baxter82
      Baxter82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      Oficially, you have a trash hand. But you still have to follow with a cbet, since on a paired board your opponent likely also missed.

I should continue to bet as it is proposed for trash hand against 1 opponent, right?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Baxter82
      Originally posted by xylere

I should continue to bet as it is proposed for trash hand against 1 opponent, right?
      yes, you are right
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Sorry, but in an raised pot, Heads Up, for me JJ on a KK8 board is a clear made hand for me. Since only Kx or 88 would beat me right now. Any Overpair to my Jacks, would have raised preflop in nearly 100% of the time.

So here their is no way to act, like we have a trash hand. Against 3 or more players, we should handle it as trash hand.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berliner1982
      Sorry, but in an raised pot, Heads Up, for me JJ on a KK8 board is a clear made hand for me. Since only Kx or 88 would beat me right now. Any Overpair to my Jacks, would have raised preflop in nearly 100% of the time.

So here their is no way to act, like we have a trash hand. Against 3 or more players, we should handle it as trash hand.
      sure, you are right, the question is: will you push it against unknown, with a stack 1.5 bigger than pot, if he donks?