This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL - JJ Big Blind

• Baxter82
      Baxter82
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold 'em, 0.10$ BB

I have JJ on BB, nobody raises, I raise 4xBB. 1 player called. On flop there is:
      K,K,8

The question is: Do I have made hand or trash hand? I mean, do I have top pair?
  • 8 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Oficially, you have a trash hand. But you still have to follow with a cbet, since on a paired board your opponent likely also missed.
    • pokerdude129525
      pokerdude129525
      Bronze
      i think you have a made hand. after all you have two pairs and made hands start with two pairs. or am i wrong?
    • Baxter82
      Baxter82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by poderdude129525
      i think you have a made hand. after all you have two pairs and made hands start with two pairs. or am i wrong?

But, that pair of kings is everyone's pair so I only have one pair. But I am not sure should I consider that pair of jacks as top pair or not.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Two pair don't count if there is a pair on the board (in the community cards) because this pair counts for every player and there is a chance that one player has trips already. In this case you only play the pair which you can build out of a hole card and one card of the community cards

please, reread our strategy articles, especailly this one: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/218/1/
    • Baxter82
      Baxter82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      Oficially, you have a trash hand. But you still have to follow with a cbet, since on a paired board your opponent likely also missed.

I should continue to bet as it is proposed for trash hand against 1 opponent, right?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Baxter82
      Originally posted by xylere

I should continue to bet as it is proposed for trash hand against 1 opponent, right?
      yes, you are right
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Sorry, but in an raised pot, Heads Up, for me JJ on a KK8 board is a clear made hand for me. Since only Kx or 88 would beat me right now. Any Overpair to my Jacks, would have raised preflop in nearly 100% of the time.

So here their is no way to act, like we have a trash hand. Against 3 or more players, we should handle it as trash hand.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berliner1982
      Sorry, but in an raised pot, Heads Up, for me JJ on a KK8 board is a clear made hand for me. Since only Kx or 88 would beat me right now. Any Overpair to my Jacks, would have raised preflop in nearly 100% of the time.

So here their is no way to act, like we have a trash hand. Against 3 or more players, we should handle it as trash hand.
      sure, you are right, the question is: will you push it against unknown, with a stack 1.5 bigger than pot, if he donks?