[NL2-NL10] NL10 AK preflop fold?

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      His raise is so small preflop I decide to 3-bet from the button because I dont want the 2 limpers coming along for the ride. He then makes a pretty decent 4-bet and I really don't think i'm beating anything in his 4-bet range. I think he's flatting most PP that I'm flipping with so decide to fold. Not sure if this is a reasonable spot to fold since I see so many posts along the lines of "why 3-bet if you're going to fold to a 4-bet?"

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG:
      $3.48
      UTG1:
      $12.7
      MP2:
      $10.44
      Hero:
      $14.81

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , K:club:
      UTG calls $0.10, UTG1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.90, 4 folds, MP2 raises to $2.40, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.65
  • 1 reply
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi Meemawuk!

His stats look pretty solid TAGish. In this case his range is always QQ+, AK .

Your equity with AK is 38.8% to this range.

As you have invested $0.9 so far, I do not see reason why to continue, you are either flipping/splitting with QQ/AK, or you are big dog to AA/KK.

Flatting is not a good option, as POT on flop would be $5 with about $7.5 behind. You will as well sometimes loose when you hit or fail to extract value from QQ that will be scared of A/K on flop.

Good play

Regards

Funktor