[NL2-NL10] NL2 Pocket Queens - Right or Wrong?

• PokerPaulh
      PokerPaulh
      Bronze
      Hi guys, just starting out with NL BSS, thought I might try and enhance my learning by posting hands as sugessted in your articles.

64 hands played, Villain 14/13/2.5, Hero 17/14/2.0

CBESTSCHEN (BB): $2.56
      Hero (UTG): $3.45
      TANVIS (UTG+1): $2.11
      LVOVKAL (MP): $2.05
      ACTIONGREG (CO): $4.28
      GRANDPA001 (BTN): $3.18
      MELONCIO (SB): $1.13

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with Q:club: Q:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, GRANDPA001 raises to $0.17, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.09

Flop: ($0.37) A:diamond: K:spade: 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, GRANDPA001 bets $0.26, Hero folds

What i would like to ask is...

(a) Should I 4 bet PF?
      (b) Should I make a flop c-bet?
      (c) Should I call Villain's flop bet?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time and effort.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PokerPaulh,

And welcome to the forum! I hope we will see more hands from you in the future and hopefully help you moving up the limits and get a better winrate. And that's true that posting hands is one of the best ways to learn poker.

About the game:
      (a) Should I 4 bet PF?

Against more tighter guys and who doesn't 3bet that often I'd rather prefer Calling there as well. We are kinda deep also.

(b) Should I make a flop c-bet?

You can't CBet the flop since he was the preflop aggressor. You can donk there, although I am not really a big fan of it. For the reason there are only few hands what are reasonable what we are ahead what he is 3betting if he is more tighter guy. Like JJ or something similar and against that he will most of the time anyways just fold.

(c) Should I call Villain's flop bet?

Therefore I guess I might even just make the Check/Fold in this situation more often unless I know the opponent better. Like what's his 3bet range, how often does he CBet and so on.

Best regards.