[NL2-NL10] villain shove - bluff or nUTS?

• gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $10.94
      Hero:
      $11.75

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.86 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:diamond: , T:club:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.55) 9:club: , 8:spade: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.4, CO calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.35) 9:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.7, CO calls $0.70.

River: ($2.75) A:spade: (2 players)
      CO raises $9.64 (All-In), Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $2.75

i just dont know if i should've called or not on the river.. i timed out tanking..
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gnawhalak,

Preflop: The question here is if you should Call it? Depends what kind of opponent he is, can you overplay him postflop? Or is he some kind of "never folding a pair type of guy". Then such Calls will be hard to play postflop since we don't hit often enough to satisfy the Call.

As played
      Postflop: I'd bet the flop ~$0,45 and also bigger on turn ~$1,15+. And as played river is likely a crying fold. I guess he more often does such a shove with a very strong hand unless you know the opponent. What's not the case since it seems that he doesn't have that big AF and he will not bluff here anyways. Likely made a good fold.

Best regards.
    • gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      i easily called PF because i was thinking he was a fish due to his very high vpip..

but nice pointers.. now i know i have to be more attentive to villains tendencies and not rely too much with the stats

thanks
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      I would call (but i'm a :f_biggrin: ), i think he could easily be doing this with trip 9s or something. You had far from the nuts by the river though so a fold is not a bad play. :)