New game my heads up sng journey

• DreamCatch
      DreamCatch
      Basic
      Hello

After I been playing cash games for quite some time now I dont have the same willpower to improve my game anymore.

In cash games I played 2/4-10/20 shallow stack and cap 6max mostly.

first I was looking to start to play MTTs but decided variance is too big to play full time.

I did also look at normal sitngos 6max-180 but decide heads up sngs is better and more instructive.

My bankroll is bigger than my skill level in heads up sngs so going to start at the $55.

Dont know what site I am going to play at I can play on all sites. I think it is good to learn a structure. what do you guys think what site?

*****goals ****

Play and study the game 75 hours a week or more

Play $500+ games by end of the year

so someone who wants to join my journey? :)
  • 12 replies
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      good luck :) .

Im playing HUNL atm. HUSNGs are boring :f_biggrin:

I know a lot of people who play HUSNGs however. they can be a real money spinner. have fun :)
    • extpan
      extpan
      Bronze
      Nice choice! :s_cool: HU is best game for me as you don't need play only card but outplay your opponent :)

Chose plattform where you love playing, I suggest partypoker when you go to 100$bi :D there are so many fish but rake is bigger than in othersite till you come to 100$bi:) )
    • DreamCatch
      DreamCatch
      Basic
      Originally posted by extpan
      Nice choice! :s_cool: HU is best game for me as you don't need play only card but outplay your opponent :)

Chose plattform where you love playing, I suggest partypoker when you go to 100$bi :D there are so many fish but rake is bigger than in othersite till you come to 100$bi:) )
      isent it $109 ($9 rake) and at $200 $10?

starting the day by looking at "Transitioning From Heads Up NL Cash to Heads Up Sitand Go" should fit me should fit me pretty good.
    • DreamCatch
      DreamCatch
      Basic
      ok good start 91.3% roi after 5 games :)

I will post some hands later and hopefully we can get some discussion going about them.
    • AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      Will watch this with interest, posting some hands would be cool. Good luck! :f_cool:
    • DreamCatch
      DreamCatch
      Basic
      Originally posted by AjoPP1
      Will watch this with interest, posting some hands would be cool. Good luck! :f_cool:

Ok so have just played 12 games so far won 8 of them so of to a good start.

9 of this was vs a reg going to play a lot of reg matches and rematching anyone. I feel like this is the best way to become the best.

I am starting to like heads up sngs more and more.

One thing that is so cool about them is that they are probably the game that you should think the most outside the box at.

like shoving all in first hand vs sb raise with 74o 3x with the worst hands 2xbb with the better ones cb 1/4 of the pot bet 1/20 of the pot river bet. I think when you start to think that is just ridiculous and pushing 74o vs sb raise 50bbs deep can never be a good play you are losing a lot of ev.

This outside of box thinking can surely make you do some -ev plays but often what I think it can do is make your opponent make even a bigger -ev play later beacuse of this.

Hands

I had some problems with marking hands it did skip some hands I dont know why so could not mark them at last hands in HM.

now looking at marked hands not a lot of super interesting ones just some hands I played very bad but have to post them to I can say what I would have done differently.

PS handconverter did not work is it some handconverter that can play this like a video? I think that would be a lot better and more fun :)

one that is at least semi interesting is this one

Full Tilt Poker No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15.00/t30.00 Blinds - 2 players - View hand 1174471
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): t1320.00 44 BBs
      BTN/SB: t1680.00 56 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BB with 8 :diamond: J :club:
      BTN/SB raises to t60, Hero calls t30

Flop: (t120) 5 :diamond: 9 :heart: 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB checks

Turn: (t120) T :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets t80.00, BTN/SB calls t80

River: (t280) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets t185.00

villain is a winning player not a lot more reads then that this is the first level.

PF
      I am calling here with J8o I think I can do better then -100bb/100 with a call here plays ok post flop and so on.

Flop

5 9 2 here I am going for a CR I think he is going to fold a lot even thought i dont rap a lot his avg stake was alos just $10 wich makes the cr even better i think.

but he checks back

Turn

10s wich is a great card for me I pit him on a 5 or a 2 so I want him to call thi bet so I can bluff river.

he calls

River

7 wich is a great card for me obv here I did bet and hope he had a 10 here or 68. I think he is going to fold his 2 and 5 giving how many hands i can have that beat him. he could have a 9 but I dont think he is going to have that that much.

I think looking back at it now that the best play would be to check hope he makes his 2 or 5 to a bluff maybe not that often but I think the the chance of him turning a 2 or 5 into a bluff is bigger then him calling a bet with a 2 or a 5 I think he could value bet his 10 sometime but I think I lose value from 9x 10x 7x by checking here.

but the hand I am going to make the most money from here 68 is the hands I think I lose the most value from I think he is just going to call a lot if i bet here but if I check he is going to bet and call a check raise so I win 1180 chips that way and If i bet standard I am just winning 180-250 from 68 (if he just calls)

and his bluffs also ofc i lose all value from so what I think a bad river bet by me.

but it gets more intresting if we change the river to a J of diamonds

how would you guys play that river?
    • DreamCatch
      DreamCatch
      Basic
      Full Tilt Poker No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t20.00/t40.00 Blinds - 2 players - View hand 1174548

BTN/SB: t1185.00 29.62 BBs
      Hero (BB): t1815.00 45.38 BBs

Pre Flop: (t60) Hero is BB with 8 :spade: 9 :diamond:
      BTN/SB raises to t80, Hero calls t40

Flop: (t160) J :club: 3 :diamond: J :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB bets t80.00, Hero raises to t163, BTN/SB calls t83

Turn: (t486) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB bets t200.00, Hero raises to t1572, BTN/SB folds
    • DreamCatch
      DreamCatch
      Basic
      + 175 today but just 18 games going to be study the game more now in the beginning and start to play more and more.

Just 6 hours today of focust playing and studying today.
      but next week it starts for real :]

Also I am thinking about learn the super turbos better.
      I like FTP a lot so I think it is going to be my main site and then know how to play the more populer heads up sngs on the site dont hurt.
    • DreamCatch
      DreamCatch
      Basic
      Full Tilt Poker No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15.00/t30.00 Blinds - 2 players - View hand 1176164

Hero (BB): t1455.00 48.50 BBs
      BTN/SB: t1545.00 51.50 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BB with Q :heart: A :club:
      BTN/SB raises to t90, Hero raises to t255, BTN/SB calls t165

Flop: (t510) A :heart: 8 :heart: 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB bets t240.00, Hero calls t240

Turn: (t990) 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB bets t1050.00, Hero calls t960 all in

River: (t2910) 7 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

3bet 1/6 of the stack so we can pot the turn
      check the flop when I have a flush draw to have some A that checks here

I am just awesome :D
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey, have you thought about playing NLHU cash?
    • DreamCatch
      DreamCatch
      Basic
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hey, have you thought about playing NLHU cash?
      yes but then I have to play 100bbs or more and have never done that seriously.

Just sitNgos and shallow stack/ cap games is what I have played.

Do you play heads up cash?

yesterday did become a unexpected holiday.

but today 12 hours of work on hu sitNgos hopefully :)
    • DreamCatch
      DreamCatch
      Basic
      Full Tilt Poker No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10.00/t20.00 Blinds - 2 players - View hand 1179889

BB: t310.00 15.50 BBs
      Hero (BTN/SB): t690.00 34.50 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is BTN/SB with 6 :diamond: J :diamond:
      Hero raises to t40, BB calls t20

Flop: (t80) 7 :diamond: 9 :diamond: 8 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets t270.00, Hero calls t270

Turn: (t620) 2 :spade: (2 players)

River: (t620) 2 :heart: (2 players)