NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($18.22)
      BB ($7.03)
      UTG ($9.97)
      UTG+1 ($10.15)
      CO ($2.77)
      Hero ($10.10)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, SB raises to $0.90, fold, Hero raises to $2.60, fold

Hero shows K:diamond: A:diamond:

Hero wins $1.90

17/14/2.5 3bet vs steal 13%, cbet 88, 459 hands

I think I have to call a 3bet because if I 4bet and he showes I am agains AK, QQ+. But I have only invested 3 bb, so I have to be ready to invest another 98 bb to win 202 bb pot. So I need equity 49%.

If I run into QQ+, AK, then I only have 42%, so I loose in the long run.

Playing without initiative sucks, but I should float him a lot post flop or raise his cbet, don't know yet how to decide when is better to raise on flop and when to float, or if he checks - bet as bluff or not.
      Also I can dominate some of his hands, if he 3bets with AQ, AJ, KQ.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Take also into consideration how easily he is giving up the postflop. If he is some kind of maniac who is likely even capable of 2barreling, 3barreling then I'd rather 4bet preflop. But if he ain't going to showdown that often then you may as well consider Calling and floating or raising a lot of flops. Also when you hit your will likely at least get a CBet from him, maybe even a Check/Call on turn or whatsoever, depends on his style.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      If he is some kind of maniac who is likely even capable of 2barreling, 3barreling then I'd rather 3bet preflop.

you meant 4bet probably? I ask just in case you thinked about the actions wrong and maybe strategy changes, don't know how to explain but maybe you understand :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      If he is some kind of maniac who is likely even capable of 2barreling, 3barreling then I'd rather 3bet preflop.

you meant 4bet probably?
      Yep, fixed. :) But should be pretty clear anyways. :f_biggrin: