My 2nd $50 Starting Capital Run

• YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      I busted my first $50 capital at full tilt. Then luckily, PokerStrategy gave me another $50, and played it at Party Poker. Thank you PokerStrategy!

This time I played it well. It's 15 days now since I received the capital. From $50, it's now $230 and I'm quite proud about it. ^^

My focus was Big Stack Strategy in Ring Games. I followed the starting hands chart strictly. I played at the 10NL Ring Games and made it to $75 in a short time. I then read about Advanced Open Raising when I was able to access it when I became Silver status. Again, followed it strictly playing at the 25NL Jackpot Ring Games. The Story? It's now $230! ^_^

My Strategy? Play tight. But if you have a hand, play like a fool. How?

If I have Aces and someone raises before me, I go ALL IN right away, placing my full $25 buy-in on the pot. If he is a full enough thinking that I'm a fool and calls, walla! $50 baby! (minus the big rake)

If I have a small pocket and flops a set, I go ALL in right away if I'm first to act. And if the other guy raises before me, I go all in right away. And if he is another fool to call, walla! $50 again baby! ^_^

So thank you PokerStrategy! mwah mwah! ^_^

Regards,
      YinYangS
  • 17 replies
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      Seems like you need better bankroll management, especially with your playstyle. With your bankroll at NL25, a couple of bad beats and you're bust. Drop back down to NL10 is my advice. Nice run anyway.
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advise!

i'll give updates on my progress. So far, i had less bad beats at Party Poker. The worst one I had so far was ALL in at turn card. I was 2-pair with AJ on-turn against a player who limped preflop early position with AQ. He hit his better 2-pair on river. hahaha

Excited with how i'll progress. Woohoo!

Originally posted by Andyuk18
      Seems like you need better bankroll management, especially with your playstyle. With your bankroll at NL25, a couple of bad beats and you're bust. Drop back down to NL10 is my advice. Nice run anyway.
    • yoonsi
      yoonsi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YinYangS
      Thanks for the advise!

i'll give updates on my progress. So far, i had less bad beats at Party Poker. The worst one I had so far was ALL in at turn card. I was 2-pair with AJ on-turn against a player who limped preflop early position with AQ. He hit his better 2-pair on river. hahaha

Thats not really a bad beat is it? Your hand was dominated, and it wasn't a super strong hand either.

EDIT: Wait, how did you get a second starting capital? I'm sure that's not allowed.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      nice playing style..
    • gartaaa
      gartaaa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yoonsi
      Thanks for the advise!

Thats not really a bad beat is it? Your hand was dominated, and it wasn't a super strong hand either.

EDIT: Wait, how did you get a second starting capital? I'm sure that's not allowed.
      Some people, typically big rakers get a second starting capital to get them to start playing.
      Although I don't think he is one of them.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      what about a third starting capital? hahaha
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      I was ahead on the turn. Giving the guy less than 10 percent chance to flop a 3-outer Queen on the river. Since I was ahead by 90% chance, I consider it a bad beat. ^_^

I just got an email that I can receive a 2nd capital so I just enjoyed it. ^_^

Thanks for the advise!

• YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      I doubt I'm one of the big rakers also but I might be soon. hahaha ^_^

Originally posted by gartaaa
      Thanks for the advise!

Some people, typically big rakers get a second starting capital to get them to start playing.
      Although I don't think he is one of them.
    • noartist
      noartist
      Bronze
      How comes someone who does not understand BRM concept gets second chance?
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      [*] in before busto
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      What's considered big rake? I only got to gold status here through my first starting capital at Full Tilt. Then I stopped playing due to the birth of my first child. Poker strategy sent me a second starting capital at Party Poker to get me generating rake again. Then I got a third starting capital at William Hill. I don't think I'm a big raker by anyones standards, at my peak before my baby I would rake $25-$100/ week.
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Actually, I have an account in PokerStars which I did not make through PokerStrategy (which I could have wished I created it through here).

I understand BRM very well and I'm doing great with my PokerStars account. But in PokerStars, I strictly play tournament only, no cash games.

I used the 2nd Starting Capital in PartyPoker to experiment and improve my cash game and so I'm doing very well with it. ^_^

Why not send PokerStrategy an email you to give you that second chance? ^_^

Originally posted by noartist
      How comes someone who does not understand BRM concept gets second chance?
    • AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      Have you ever thought about the possibility that you might actually extract more value if you dont go all-in right away when you hit big?? I mean ofc if you get QQ plus you want to get in as much money as possible preflop, but you dont necessarily have to insta shove. You will eventually find out that your opponents have their fold buttons installed and you will be loosing tons of value from your monsters. Try to get the best of your hands. And change your BRM before you go on monkey tilt because of sets vs oversets etc....
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AjoPP1
      Have you ever thought about the possibility that you might actually extract more value if you dont go all-in right away when you hit big?? I mean ofc if you get QQ plus you want to get in as much money as possible preflop, but you dont necessarily have to insta shove. You will eventually find out that your opponents have their fold buttons installed and you will be loosing tons of value from your monsters. Try to get the best of your hands. And change your BRM before you go on monkey tilt because of sets vs oversets etc....
      I don't go all-in preflop with QQ or KK. only AA. I go all in with AA if there is a raiser for the reason that I won't have any regrets getting a bad beat since I have 80% chance of winning. Sometimes, when the community cards are already onboard, holding AA, there may be instances that will give you reasons to fold. And it's such a heartache folding AA. So to have no regrets, I go all in with it preflop. ^_^

For my sets, given that the flop is dry, I go all in with it so that I would avoid having reasons to fold it when a scary turn card or river card flops. If I have bad beat, so be it. Again, it's such a heartache to fold a set. So with no regrets, show me the money baby! ^_^

As for my bankroll management, thanks for the advise. I'm quite confident with my ability to handle tilts. If I feel that I'm losing my concentration, I stop playing and just relax. I'm not taking unnecessary risks so I think I'll do well with it. ^_^

Woohoo!,
      YinYangS
    • deano007
      deano007
      Bronze
      Lol stop doing what your doing or you WILL busto dude
    • johnwayne360
      johnwayne360
      Bronze
      lol fair play but in the end u will go bust
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      i'll just post some updates then. if i go bust, i'll let you know ^_^ hahaha