Mutlitabling

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hey :]

Just a quick question.

People here all have different styles and likes etc, so some play sng's, some play cash ring and such.

When you say multitabling, i'm presuming pretty much anyone of the good poker players on this site are MT'ing yeah? So no matter whether you're playing sng's or rings, you play loads at once?

So also on that note, those who play sng's and multi table, do you play usually 6 handed, 9 handed, or something like 18-45? (I know preference, but in general?) Just bit confused on all of that.

Cheers :]
  • 4 replies
    • Aceton13
      Aceton13
      Bronze
      I play about 20 tables NL5 i think that is multitabling,
      also for multitabling is very suitable double or nothing, but no more double or nothing on pokerstars !
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      i'm presuming pretty much anyone of the good poker players on this site are MT'ing yeah?
      Also some not so good ones like me. There are some strategy articles about it I'm sure.

People actually multitable all variants and at different rates. It's probably easier to multitable in cash games since the rate of hands and the starting hands are constant. In tournaments, because of the blind structures, things can get pretty hectic if you have multiple tables in the push/fold phase.

I don't consider myself a particularly hardcore multitabler but when playing SitNGos, I played 4-6 $2 6-max sitngos at the same time, and I currently play 9 tables of fullring cash games relatively comfortably.

Just start where you are comfortable and slowly increase.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Ahh I see.

Thanks for clearing that up :]
    • adamsbake
      adamsbake
      Global
      Multi tabling is often referred to as playing on more than one table at a time. You should understand the basics before you attempt to start playing more than one table. Almost every popular poker site allows their players to multi-table, however you should note the amount of time that is given to you for making the decisions. Once you got the basic strategy right for tournaments or cash games, start with two tabling. In the beginning, if you find yourself being constantly engaged in the poker, and can at times be draining. If you think you are making bad decisions, try to start tournaments at different blind levels and cash games in different positions.