Why is my nonSD winning line so high?

• konkey
      konkey
      Bronze
      Hi
      I stared to play FR NL10. I play only 6 tables and I focus on players and try to find out where they are weak. I play LAGgy style. I often play weak hands in pots with fishes, 3bet lightly when reg opens from late pos. Basically exploiting as much as possible. My question is, can only this push my nonSD winning so high? Or am I bringing too many hands to SD? Or is it still just because of small sample?
  • 2 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Well you're still making a profit with your blue line, so it would seem your showdown is fine. When you're running hot and your opponents aren't getting a load of sick hands that they'll never fold the style you're playing will inevitably bring a high Non-SD winnings. But it's a small sample size, when you're on a downswing you'll see some of the problems with a Laggy style, although that's not saying it's bad :D
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      It does go hand in hand with what you say you are doing.

If you play less tables and pay attention more you can see spots with dead money much easier. So all that 3-betting for example will add up a significant amount of money. It could also be that you are playing a lot better than your opponents postflop where you make good vbets and bluffs/semi-bluffs.

I'd say give it another 15-20k hands and see how it goes. Variance in the short term can do a lot (ie: you keep getting called and ppl keep missing thus they fold to your bets, or you hit and they don't and they keep folding, etc.)