NL10 vs NL25

• matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi,
      Im moving up this month from NL10 to NL25. I heard there is a pretty big difference between these limits. Could somebody experienced possibly try to say in what the difference is? Is there just less fish, or the game agression is very high? Is there need for balancing?Thanks for any advice :)
  • 10 replies
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      Hello.

I think it might depend on things like the site you are playing etc, but from my experience NL25 plays pretty much the same as NL10. The fish are still there and there is generally no need to balance, but it might be a bit more aggressive. If you are beating NL10 then I would recommend you just keep playing your game, and don't get scared money or level yourself into thinking you have to make a big adjustment to your play(this probably applies to moving up to any limit).
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      thanks a lot, I hope you are right :)
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      +1 to what Hajler said.

I think NL25 is slightly more aggressive and the regs are slightly better- slightly being the key word. There are still fish, bad regs, etc.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Maybe some opinions about comparing NL10 and NL25 Rush by any chance?
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      I find the Rush games tougher and tighter than the regular games in general.

Again though, the differences between NL10 and NL25 aren't huge. A bit more aggressive and slightly better regs but there isn't a huge amount between them.

The game being slightly tougher is also offset by proportionately less rake at NL25 on FTP.
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Maybe some opinions about comparing NL10 and NL25 Rush by any chance?
      I have about 100k hands @ NL10 Rush and around 125k hands @ NL25 Rush. For myself I can say, that the difference in game dynamics is pretty big. While players a playing a bit more straighforward @ NL10, there is more aggression at NL25 (meaning more 3bets preflop, wider PFR ranges, etc etc).

But these differences shouldn't be as much of a problem if you're doing alright on NL10. The bigger difference was swicthing from NL25 Rush to NL50 Rush (while again NL50/NL100 I didn't notice a huge change, though I only have like 5k hands @ NL100 Rush).
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Thanks for your opinions guys, I find it really valuable. I am currently playing NL10 Rush and not too long ago I almost had it beat but now I'm deep down so a move to NL25 is postponed. Although I am curious if my "high stakes game" ( :f_biggrin: ) fits better in NL25 than in NL10, because I get my ass whipped by straightforward NL10 regs when I start playing tricky, leveling etc. And also there are plenty of aggro fishes, who love to call 4bets OOP with Q9s...
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      On Pokerstars I found that there are more outright fish at NL25 than NL10. The regs are slightly better however, and there are a few very good regs there (I emphasise "a few" :D ).
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Although I am curious if my "high stakes game" ( ) fits better in NL25 than in NL10, because I get my ass whipped by straightforward NL10 regs when I start playing tricky, leveling etc.

Move up where they respect your raises!

Seriously though, it doesn't work like this - the games are tougher at NL25. You need to be beating NL10 before you think about moving up.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JonikoP
      Although I am curious if my "high stakes game" ( ) fits better in NL25 than in NL10, because I get my ass whipped by straightforward NL10 regs when I start playing tricky, leveling etc.

Move up where they respect your raises!

Seriously though, it doesn't work like this - the games are tougher at NL25. You need to be beating NL10 before you think about moving up.
      Of course, the lower the limit - the softer the game, you just need to make some correct adjustments. I'm not gonna move up to NL25 until I beat NL10, that's for sure. At least they respect my folds here :f_biggrin: