Its not about winning every session

• Depor07
      Depor07
      Bronze
      Ive been a bit too focused on short term results lately. Im building up my bankroll and taking every loss personally and the same for every win.
      So because of this unhelpful focus on short term results, Ive come up with a new slogan which I have put on my wall above where I play.

ITS NOT ABOUT WINNING EVERY SESSION, ITS ABOUT MAKING THE RIGHT DECISIONS.

Anyone have any suggestions on any other ways to move the focus from short term results to long term thinking? I think for me, Im allowing my mind to move in the wrong direction sometimes.

Anyway good luck keeping the eye on getting your money in good.
  • 5 replies
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Good thread

Here's some of my tips :

*Don't look at your graph while you play, wait after the session
      *Set volume goals, not money goals. (X amounts of Hands/SNGs instead of X amounts of $$$) <--- the best way imo.
      *Review your game, discuss with other player, sweat.
      *Don't look at your cashier while you play
      *Stop-loss limit
      *Time limit/Breaks
      *Tilt-management, find a way to get rid of the anger fast. <-- important for long term thinking.

All of tips above should help you improve.
    • bazerk
      bazerk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Depor07
      Ive come up with a new slogan which I have put on my wall above where I play.

I have one saying "what would durrrr do", which is pretty pointless as I play FL. I like it anyway
    • CardGenius2010
      CardGenius2010
      Bronze
      I know exactly what you mean I suffer the same short time results thing great thread!!
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      *Don't look at your graph while you play, wait after the session*

QFT.
    • LuckyDimes
      LuckyDimes
      Bronze
      Really nice thread. Imo a lot of players worries too much about the money they lose in the short term. If the decision that you've made was good and you've lost the hand, don't blame yourself. Just say for yourself:"I've got unlucky, I had positive EV and a villain played really badly in this situation. I'll beat him next time". All in all, continue playing at your best after bad beats.