This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 JJ 3bet pot

• Absolutism
      Absolutism
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6.08)
      BB ($6.27)
      UTG ($13.04)
      Hero ($14.32)
      CO ($17.29)
      BTN ($5.14)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: J:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.17, CO raises to $0.55, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.38

FLOP ($1.17) 9:diamond: 2:heart: T:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

TURN ($2.77) 9:diamond: 2:heart: T:spade: Q:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30

RIVER ($5.37) 9:diamond: 2:heart: T:spade: Q:spade: T:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $2.50, Hero folds

CO wins $5.11

13/11 3bet: 5.4 AF: 2.4

Im 95% sure that the turn call was wrong. But im even wondering about the preflop call... is it ok? What can i do OOP with JJ against a tight reg?
      If a low board comes, i can call, but then if a high card comes on the turn, im screwed, if not, AK will probably check behind, QQ+ will bet and im screwed, again...
      On a high board i have to c/f, so practically im calling a 3bet for set value?
      4beting is out of question i think because he is tight and we are both 200bb+ deep, i would isolate myself against KK+.

Call for set value only? Or i played it fine until the turn, and turn c/f instead?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Absolutism,

Preflop: The Call here is totally fine, we as well can count it as set mining and we are getting the odds.

As played
      Postflop: Actually it's rather a fold on turn for the given reason that we are OOP and it will be hard to extract value from him anyways.

Best regards.