This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Look at cashier or not?

• clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      Well ive heard a lot of people say that its bad to look at your cashier while playing...

I think its has pros too...i personally like looking at my cashier as it helps me know if im losing too much money so that i can either get up or just sit out for a min,rethink my strategy and get back.

A lot of times (especially when im running good) i end up playing much looser and if not for looking at the cashier i don think i wouldve been able to realize my mistake until i lost a lot..

So was just wondering wat are the pros and cons of it?
  • 1 reply
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      I think this one varies person by person.

For me, looking at the cashier pushes me towards results orientated thinking (rather than decision based thinking).

Within a single session, even a long one of a few thousand hands, it's easy to make correct decisions and lose - and you should try to get to a position when you're just trying to make the best decisions in a particular situation (losing money in the short term shouldn't change the way you play).

In addition, I find I'm more likely to tilt if I worry too much about results and I find it a distraction to be checking the cashier.

The only pro, I guess, is knowing when you're approaching your stop-loss but even without checking the cashier, you generally have a decent idea of how your session is going.