[NL2-NL10] Nl2 - 76s vs fish

• LuckyDimes
      LuckyDimes
      Bronze
      Specials reads: villain is a big fish.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) ($1.59)
      MP ($1.98)
      Button ($4.80)
      SB ($1.29)
      BB ($1.06)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6, 7
      Hero calls $0.02, 2 folds, SB calls $0.01, BB bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.20, 1 fold, BB calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.42) 6, 2, 10 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.44, Hero raises to $0.88, BB calls $0.42 (All-In)

Turn: ($2.14) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($2.14) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $2.14 | Rake: $0.10

Results below:
      BB had 8, J (one pair, sixes).
      Hero had 6, 7 (three of a kind, sixes).
      Outcome: Hero won $2.04

Preflop I decided to raise in order to steal. Postflop I hit a six. Was confronted with big raise. I decided to call here because of the raise size, I surely knew It was a bluff. Did I played right here? Or if I should have folded on the flop?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LuckyDimes,

First of all, I'd like to mention that I strongly recommend you posting more hands, you just having too many leaks in your play. If you are interested in moving up the limits and also get better winrate and fix your leaks then do post more hands into this forum and discuss with us. :)

About the game:
      Preflop: Limping is pretty horrible, never do it. Rather just fold it and if you even want to play but I am do not advice on those limits raise them up if you want play at all. And as played, this limp/raise is just horrible, rather just Call and play smaller pots. What's your plan if he 4bets us? You planning to go broke with 67s?

As played
      Postflop: I'd just fold it since I made so bad play preflop and of course he is somewhat over-betting here, could easily represent a strong hand. If we also had some draw with our hand then we could consider going broke but while I don't know the opponent or either how aggressively he plays postflop I am not going broke. That he is a big fish, doesn't mean that he can't have a hand. :)

Best regards.