This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Fish above water - grinding out the variance (MTT)

• RaWRpewpew
      RaWRpewpew
      Bronze
      About me!

Im 24 year old applied math student, 24 Yes i took the long long way around to university but im there now. xD

I've been playing poker for 3 years, been successfull at SSS and FTP's ST's in the past, but ive never really kept to one style for long enough to move up in the stakes much. This time i plan to take on the world of MTT's!

With a bike that matches my shirt no1 can stop me! :f_biggrin:

I live in south africa, i know there are more of u here. Drop me a line on my blog! <3

Other major hobby is road running. Heres hoping poker and running will be a success.

My results over the last 4 days....

Hopefully those gaping jaws gonna clamp down on some fishies! :s_cool:
  • 2 replies
    • RaWRpewpew
      RaWRpewpew
      Bronze

Going to use the opportunity to study some today instead of playing further.

Going to post the things im doing here to keep track of it :)

Things i want to look into are :

1 )Way ahead, way behind situations in MTT's

2)Ultra short stack play, I find I often dont myself the best chance of coming back from losing a all in.

I regards to ultra short stack play, want to look into the viability of stop and go / limp and go aswell as rather calling any2 on the BB instead of pushing UTG with zero fold EQ and getting overcalled.

3)Overcalling ranges for shoves, i rarely seem to make the correct decisions when it comes to multiway all ins. But that is results orientated thinking!

4)Steals from the button, what sort of fold EQ do i need vs 10BB stacks, want to do some EV math to make myself more secure in my decisions!

And when im down i say...

Known Players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      Hero:
      MP1:
      MP2:
      MP3:
      CO:
      BU:
      SB:
      BB:

SnG-MTT $ 2.20 (152 Players)
      100/200 No-Limit Hold'em (9 Players)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.90.30913.3 by www.pokerstrategy.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG3 with T :spade: , T :club:
      UTG2 folds,
      Hero raises 2365 to 2565 (All In), 3 fold, CO calls (All In), 3 fold, Hero gets uncalled bet back

Flop: (4590) Q :diamond: , J :heart: , 2 :diamond: (2 Players)

Turn: (4590) A :club: (2 Players)

River: (4590) 6 :spade: (2 Players)

Final Pot: 4590

Results follow (Highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of tens (Ts, Tc) --> (Ts, Tc, Qd, Jh, Ac)
      CO shows a pair of queens (Qh, Th) --> (Qd, Qh, Jh, Ac, Th)

CO wins 4590 with a pair of queens (Qh, Th) --> (Qd, Qh, Jh, Ac, Th)

Poker is definately profitable xD
    • RaWRpewpew
      RaWRpewpew
      Bronze
      I had some misfortune on some final tables which demoralized me a bit, so i decided to play some STT SNG for something different.

I started slowly and added to many tables to quickly, the area thats blocked is me playing 9-12 tables and the part after it is me just 4 tabling and being alot more aware of the sort of players around me. I need to work alot more on my game to have my auto pilot at good enough lvl it seems.

Bankroll update : 350$