Fish above water - grinding out the variance (MTT)

• RaWRpewpew
      About me!

Im 24 year old applied math student, 24 Yes i took the long long way around to university but im there now. xD

I've been playing poker for 3 years, been successfull at SSS and FTP's ST's in the past, but ive never really kept to one style for long enough to move up in the stakes much. This time i plan to take on the world of MTT's!

With a bike that matches my shirt no1 can stop me! :f_biggrin:

I live in south africa, i know there are more of u here. Drop me a line on my blog! <3

Other major hobby is road running. Heres hoping poker and running will be a success.

My results over the last 4 days....

Hopefully those gaping jaws gonna clamp down on some fishies! :s_cool:
  • 2 replies
    • RaWRpewpew

Going to use the opportunity to study some today instead of playing further.

Going to post the things im doing here to keep track of it :)

Things i want to look into are :

1 )Way ahead, way behind situations in MTT's

2)Ultra short stack play, I find I often dont myself the best chance of coming back from losing a all in.

I regards to ultra short stack play, want to look into the viability of stop and go / limp and go aswell as rather calling any2 on the BB instead of pushing UTG with zero fold EQ and getting overcalled.

3)Overcalling ranges for shoves, i rarely seem to make the correct decisions when it comes to multiway all ins. But that is results orientated thinking!

4)Steals from the button, what sort of fold EQ do i need vs 10BB stacks, want to do some EV math to make myself more secure in my decisions!

And when im down i say...

Known Players:

SnG-MTT $ 2.20 (152 Players)
      100/200 No-Limit Hold'em (9 Players)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90.30913.3 by

Preflop: Hero is UTG3 with T :spade: , T :club:
      UTG2 folds,
      Hero raises 2365 to 2565 (All In), 3 fold, CO calls (All In), 3 fold, Hero gets uncalled bet back

Flop: (4590) Q :diamond: , J :heart: , 2 :diamond: (2 Players)

Turn: (4590) A :club: (2 Players)

River: (4590) 6 :spade: (2 Players)

Final Pot: 4590

Results follow (Highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of tens (Ts, Tc) --> (Ts, Tc, Qd, Jh, Ac)
      CO shows a pair of queens (Qh, Th) --> (Qd, Qh, Jh, Ac, Th)

CO wins 4590 with a pair of queens (Qh, Th) --> (Qd, Qh, Jh, Ac, Th)

Poker is definately profitable xD
    • RaWRpewpew
      I had some misfortune on some final tables which demoralized me a bit, so i decided to play some STT SNG for something different.

I started slowly and added to many tables to quickly, the area thats blocked is me playing 9-12 tables and the part after it is me just 4 tabling and being alot more aware of the sort of players around me. I need to work alot more on my game to have my auto pilot at good enough lvl it seems.

Bankroll update : 350$