This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [Sh] TPGK calling 3 barrels vs aggro

• Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      iPoker - €0.50 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: €74.06
      BB: €99.94
      Hero (UTG): €99.82
      CO: €51.86
      BTN: €99.14 one of the aggro guys : From Blinds: VP:21/PR:18/3B:8/WTSD:27/AF(F,T,R):5.42,4.92,1.18

SB posts SB €0.25, BB posts BB €0.50

Pre Flop: (€0.75) Hero has Q:heart: K:spade:

Hero raises to €1.75, fold, BTN calls €1.75, fold, BB calls €1.25

Flop: (€5.50, 3 players) K:diamond: 4:club: 6:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets €4.50, BTN calls €4.50, fold

Turn: (€14.50, 2 players) 5:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets €7.25, Hero calls €7.25

River: (€29.00, 2 players) J:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets €14.50, Hero calls €14.50

Again since he is aggro I decided to C/C turn and river to let him value town himself.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Given you play this multiway I think his calling range on the flop is stronger than a normal HU pot.

So unless you have any reason to believe he floats super light even multiway I'd still bet turn and maybe ck/call river to give him a chance to bet his busted draws (although his river aggression is rather low).

Were you afraid of getting raised on the turn?
    • marvinsytan
      marvinsytan
      Bronze
      who wins the pot just curious
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Given you play this multiway I think his calling range on the flop is stronger than a normal HU pot.

So unless you have any reason to believe he floats super light even multiway I'd still bet turn and maybe ck/call river to give him a chance to bet his busted draws (although his river aggression is rather low).
      True and indeed my normal line here would be Bet Turn and C/C or C/F river depending on scenarios.

Originally posted by BogdanPSWere you afraid of getting raised on the turn?
      Not really I mean if I get raised turn I think I can safely fold my hand.

What I wanted to achieve on this aggro table was just to give him a chance to try to bluff me out. i.e if I 2nd barrel on the turn he will probably fold his weaker hands.

But there is one point that you made that I think is important is that he called my CBet multiway so his range is quite strong here.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since you´re often c-bet that board and c/f turn then I don´t mind if you c/c turn and c/c river to let him bet his floats, missed draws or maybe even KJ/KT for value