[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, 230BB deep, the nutzz

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villains stats: 17/4/2.0 during 24 hands.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (CO) ($23.32)
      Button ($12.80)
      SB ($13.26)
      BB ($28.68)
      UTG ($10.27)
      MP ($13.14)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.30, Button calls $0.30, 1 fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95) K, 6, 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, BB calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.75) J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $22.62 (All-In)

OK, I applied some very very unorthodox (or maybe fishy) play here.

Flop: The flop comes so dry I even consider slowplay and check here, but as we know it's never good at those limits so I managed to defeat the temptation :D What I'm saying with my gay-cbet is like: "oh boy, I totally missed the flop, but I have read somewhere that this is a good flop to cbet, lets take a shot and hope noone raises me".

Turn: As my opponent called the flop, I put him on some kind of draw or maybe there is a slight chance that he also has something good and pot controls/slowplays that. What I was thinking when shoving all this huge stack was like - I'm going broke here anyway, whatever comes on the river. If I value bet, he calls and completes his draw - congrats to him winning whole my stack. If I shove, he is going to call with any set or KJ-K9 anyway. So basically I decided that I lose very little value by shoving, so protection from draws seemed more important when being this deep. And to be honest I knew I'm going to dump my whole stack on the river, so I was a bit scared...

Although I thought over alternative and more reasonable play now. I could keep valuebetting strong and being cautious when ugly card comes on the river and I face some aggression. But what do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Pretty horrible line and what I don't like at all. Bet the flop bigger ~$0,70 for the reason that we are wanting to build up the pot while being so deep and no way I am going to Check there and slowplay. Otherwise I'd just make a normal bet on turn, he will never Call there with a lot worse or any draws unless he is a huge fish with WTS 50 or even higher. :D Just make a normal bet near pot size and don't be scared. If you hit your FH there, you will be even better shape. And even if he has there 2pairs, I am pretty sure if he is some kind of passive guy, he would even find a fold there.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah I got your point, and completely agree it's terrible played :) Do you think trying to induce bluff here is unacceptable, or there are some things we could do?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Yeah I got your point, and completely agree it's terrible played :) Do you think trying to induce bluff here is unacceptable, or there are some things we could do?
      You can't really induce bluff there unless you know the opponent is aggressive enough. And against that kind of opponent better just make a normal bet. :)