[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, AA overpair

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villains stats: 33/22/2.1 during 132 hands.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($14.46)
      UTG ($7.63)
      MP ($6.78)
      CO ($10.15)
      Hero (Button) ($10.47)
      SB ($10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, A
      3 folds, Hero bets $0.30, 1 fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 10, 2, 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Turn: ($3.65) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB raises to $4, Hero calls $2

River: ($11.65) K (2 players)
      BB bets $8.66 (All-In), Hero calls $4.67 (All-In)

Total pot: $20.99 | Rake: $1.39

Results below:
      Hero had A, A (two pair, Aces and Kings).
      BB had Q, J (straight, King high).
      Outcome: BB won $19.60

Flop: I guess I could raise pot here...
      Turn: Didn't want to see K of course, but I guess I need to keep valuebetting? Minraise probably means the nuts, but pot odds are too good to fold.
      River: Another K proves I'm dead, but again the pot odds... He completely got me here, hats off.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

That's a spot where you can likely just fold it on turn even if you get that good odds. You wont just hit anything that might help you anyways. Very often you are far behind in this situation. At least 2pairs+. As played I'd still fold it on river and save the money, I don't really think that he is shoving there with a lot worse.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Hi veriz, yeah that was a very nasty spot for me. I often find me thinking that I'm beat but pot odds are too good to fold.. What do you think about turn cbet size, isn't 2$ too small?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Hi veriz, yeah that was a very nasty spot for me. I often find me thinking that I'm beat but pot odds are too good to fold.. What do you think about turn cbet size, isn't 2$ too small?
      I wouldn't say it's like super small for the reason that for example if he has there Tx then he will be likely better to Call the smaller one than near pot. So I don't mind such a bet.