UTG ($50.50)
      UTG+1 ($75.49)
      CO ($40.58)
      Hero ($88.48)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, BB calls $1

FLOP ($3.25) 9:club: 6:diamond: A:club:

BB bets $2, Hero ???

21/14/1.0k hands, 3bet: 6%, donkbet 33% (33), looks like solid reg.

So how should i play here? I am pretty lost in this spot.

1) I can just call and let him barrel some streets. He can have worse hand but if he has flush draw i let him really good odds and i am loosing value from worse hand A6 - but this is probably only one hand (or is he donkbetting hands like A8, AT here?). He has a lot of fold equity vs. me on flop because in my range is more non-A combinations than Ax. So his flush draw with donkbet gets good odds to hit + good fold equity.
      2) If i raise and he calls, turn comes Xc and he check should i check back or bet to protect against one club hand (but is in his range hand AXc ?) After his raise it's fold for me, right?
      3) If i raise, he calls, turn comes blank and he check/raise me then i am folding? I am still protecting my hand against flush draw. But this line is unlikely for me.
      4) If i raise and he re-raises me - what should i do? Because we are deep he can easily play this way set, A6/A9 and get value from Ax hands.
      5) If the game would be 100BB - should i play for stack on the flop?

I hope that my thoughts are understandable :)
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      That's quite a few questions, but that's good :)

While he can play a set like this there are only 4 combination of sets (discounting the one combination of AA left). Given you are deep and this is a board most people cbet I'd expect him to check raise you with most of the sets.

So with that in mind (given we have no history and our image is not completely out of line postflop) I expect him to not have many strong hands here. I prefer to raise smallish ($6-$7) and take it from there.

If he 3-bets me it gets tricky where we could consider calling and folding the turn (but it depends on the size) because after all with the Ac on the board there are less flush draws he can 3-bet (except lets say 78cc).

If he calls, I will continue to value bet, most likely on a club too.

From your stats his donk bet % is rather high which tells me that he'll prolly have draws, AQ/AK type hands there (if he calls AK). Seeing as you have 1k hands and he donked a total of 11 hands you should have some information about the type of hands he did donk. I'd assume at least a few got to showdown.

Also, in a spot like this I fell it's really important to consider the history (recent and long term) that we have and our image. It could change the equation slightly.
    • Kaitz20
      Since hsi hand range is mostly Ax hands or draws or air then I think best play is to raise to get value from worse hands and if he is leading smt like JT he won´t really barrel that often on the turn
      If you get 3-bet then I´d likely call, since 4-bet looks too strong, that he would likely only continue with 66/99 and combo draws like 7c8c
      If he b/c flop then I´d b/c turn, since his range has still A6 and sometimes he may c/rai with his draws and two pair is just too good to b/f
      With 100bb I´d likely still call his 3b on the flop and shove over blank turn cards