Doing Deals......

    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.04.2010 Posts: 709
      Hi,

      I have gone deep in a couple of $3 Rush MTTs (1800-2000 entries) recently with first prizes around $3.500....

      In the first I was lying second out of 6 and refused a deal and came 6th. Today I was lying 3 out 4 but we all had pretty similar stack sizes - we did a deal based on ICM and then played for $100 - and I won.

      I have looked up the players since on sharkscope and they were all winning players (all sharkscope sharks!!!), so the question is to deal or not to deal?

      Cheers

      Jass :D

      To deal or not to deal
  • 7 replies
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.10.2008 Posts: 1,329
      Simple really, if yu think you have an edge: No deal, if not: Deal

      p.s you should've called this thread "deal or no deal" but maybe they don't have that show where you're from

      p.p.s. Nice scores
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.08.2009 Posts: 1,769
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      Simple really, if yu think you have an edge: No deal, if not: Deal

      p.s you should've called this thread "deal or no deal" but maybe they don't have that show where you're from

      p.p.s. Nice scores
      This, But imo if like the money you play for represents a big chunk of your br - like 1/2. then take the lower variance option imo.
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.04.2010 Posts: 709
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      Simple really, if yu think you have an edge: No deal, if not: Deal

      p.s you should've called this thread "deal or no deal" but maybe they don't have that show where you're from

      They do - damn good idea

      p.p.s. Nice scores

      thanks

    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.04.2010 Posts: 709
      Originally posted by amplifyd

      This,.
      In the first instance I didn't have a HUD, so had no real reads on my opponents - in the latter I had invested in a HUD and I had played quite a few hands against the eventual other 3 - they looked very good players and I didn't think I had an edge. When I checked latter on sharkscope we had a very similar rating 84/78/77/77 - and all were sharkscope sharks - which I think means top 15% of players


      Originally posted by amplifyd

      This, But imo if like the money you play for represents a big chunk of your br - like 1/2. then take the lower variance option imo.

      My BR was $1700.... and the deal was $2200 and then I won the extra $100.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.08.2009 Posts: 1,769
      Like these are circumstances I deal in :D
    • Tiltberger
      Tiltberger
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.06.2005 Posts: 28,151
      i like deals if:

      - i'm moneyscared because of the high prices and that could effect my game (doesn't happen often)
      - i don't see a big edge
      - players are stupid enough i can get a deal where i get more money than icm would give me
      - when everybody is shortstacked <20bb -> you're edge drops if everybody has shallow stacks
      - big pricejumps between 2nd and 1st and you're hu-game isnt too good
      - no fishes on table, just winning players who play solid
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.04.2010 Posts: 709
      Originally posted by seeberger
      i like deals if:

      - i'm moneyscared because of the high prices and that could effect my game (doesn't happen often)
      - i don't see a big edge
      - players are stupid enough i can get a deal where i get more money than icm would give me
      - when everybody is shortstacked <20bb -> you're edge drops if everybody has shallow stacks
      - big pricejumps between 2nd and 1st and you're hu-game isnt too good
      - no fishes on table, just winning players who play solid
      Cheers