This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 10 TP vs Huge over bet

• Filipstan
      Filipstan
      Global
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $15.15
      CO:
      $8.00
      BU:
      $7.56
      SB:
      $3.40
      BB:
      $3.35
      UTG2:
      $13.83
      MP1 (Hero):
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $25.27

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J, Q.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, CO calls $0.40, BU raises to $0.90, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40.

Flop: ($2.75) 6, 6, J (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO raises to $7.20, BU folds, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.75.

Should i call this hand i didnt knew about him a lot he just entered the hand, but i think he is a fish, but to huge overbet.
  • 2 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Hi, I will share my humble opinion with you :) .

I would probably fold the hand pre-flop, because you are in too early position to play this. You can´t limp in either, cause you put yourself in a risk of being isolated from someone from late position.

And I would definitely fold against 3bet, JQs ain´t that strong.

As played, fold on flop is must, you have a weak kicker and can easily be facing even an overpair.

That´s just my opinion, but wait for what evaluators will say :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Filipstan,

Preflop: I'd raise to 4xBB and if we get such a min-raise it's pretty close. For the reason that we are OOP, I am not really big fan of it, although it's doable.

As played
      Postflop: Nothing much you can do, you went with the Call preflop for a big hand like at least 2pairs or even better but what you didn't hit then just fold it.

Best regards.