This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100 SH BvB

• klonoa
      klonoa
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $139.65
      UTG: $64.40
      BTN: $114.40
      SB: $113.20

Pre-Flop: J:diamond: 9:diamond: dealt to Hero (BB)
      2 folds, SB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $4, SB calls $3

Flop: ($8) 7:spade: J:heart: 2:spade: (2 Players)
      SB bets $6, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($20) J:club: (2 Players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $15, SB raises to $40 hero??

villian here is a TAG player, whats our line?
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Could SB limp/call with J8, J6- don´t think so. So he has full house or trips with better kicker, unless he isn´t doint that with flush draw. Against tag I would fold

Btw: I would just check pre-flop.
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      it is unlikely that villan holds 77 or 22 . how tight can he be not to raise them in b v b with pairs ? if he is tag he wont call with j7 j2 either so he can have maybe j10 qj or a flush draw but i guess with a fd he would check raise you on the flop if he likes this play . so he is either doing a move at you playing the board or he has a better jack imo .
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Tough spot. I don't think he's got a FH based on the c/r turn, he doesn't want you to call with flushdraw. completing/call imo indicates to something suited + weak kicker, so I think he is holding something like J8 :spade: here . I personally would've just checked behind on turn because in bvb check/raising turn is very common and this way played you have to push or fold turn. Ok, if you check behind turn, obviously you don't protect against flush but I really wouldn't want to get check/raised either.. This way played, I would fold turn because I'm not too sure about my kicker and even if my kicker is better he will have atleast the spade outs for flush.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I shove. In BvB situations, people tend to play overaggressive. I have a very good hand which is also very deceptive.