Thank you fulltilt for breaking my spirit

• boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      these arent all but are my favorites from today.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A, A
      Hero raises to $0,20, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,20, 3 folds, BB calls $0,15.

Flop: ($0,62) Q, T, 8 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,35, MP3 raises to $0,70, BB folds, Hero raises to $2,20 (All-In), MP3 calls $1,50.

Turn: ($5,02) 2
      River: ($5,02) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $5,02

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ah Ad)
      MP3 shows a straight, queen high (9h 8c)

MP3 wins with a straight, queen high (9h 8c)

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,15, SB raises to $0,25, BB folds, Hero raises to $1,73 (All-In), SB calls $1,47 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Flop: ($3,49) A, J, 7
      Turn: ($3,49) 3
      River: ($3,49) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $3,49

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Kd Kc)
      SB shows three-of-a-kind, threes (3s 3d)

SB wins with three-of-a-kind, threes (3s 3d)

So i've decided to start playing for fun and not for winning so i i dont get annoyed so much, cause i cant play against opponents and god damn RNG, if win any great if i dont still ok.
      Funny thing when i have a dominating hand i do lose more preflop all ins then i statistically should but when opponent dominates my hand i dont win any, that being JJ+ against a stonger pockets.
  • 17 replies
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      hahaha! Sample?
    • boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      had a nightmare start again today losing with AA 3 straight times and with KK once (although it was aginst AA) and after that i go a bit distracted and started making mistakes causing additional losses. Went 19$ down (380bb) after 600hands, decided to take a break and clear my head.

Went back to the tables and slowly was coming back mostly due to donkeys not hitting with low chances of beating me, and after 1770 i'm 0,04 (less than 1bb) up and calling it for today.

Got my spirit back up after u really rough patch,where RNG was i could say mocking mi with sick suckouts and lookin forward to tomorrow.
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      I think you should read through this forum a bit more, ppl are having way bigger "downswings" daily (meaning 10+BI in contrast to your 380BB-3,8 BI). Sooner you will accept this as a regular occurance in poker, faster you'll be able to not be affected by this so much.

P.S.: And since you are blaming FullTilt in the name of your topic for breaking your spirit, I think it would be fair now to thank FullTilt for renewing your spirit :]
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      you shouldnt be "playing for winnin" anyway. you shoudl be playing for fun and playing to play well. do that and the winning money will follow (along with the up and downswings)
    • boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      actually i buy in with 2$ so that means i was almost 10 BI down, but i play on 2 tables at the same time so i guess it a quite a downswing, atleast the biggest to date for me. :)

And yeah thank you fulltilt for renewing my spirit.

BTW my biggest pot was when i was on BB with Q3, only 2 flat calls from early position. Flop was 5 3 3 and when i raised to 1/2 pot i got an immediate all in shove i called and the shove had KK, i won and laughed so i guess fulltilt desrved my thanks.

I didnt really know how big downswings more experienced people have since i started playing cash games two week ago, played sng first part of last year and took a break, and after cruising NL2 without any real losing sessions i was abit annoyed at not being able to win even though i played decent poker.

I will refrain from posting next time till after i check the forums for similar threads, guess i only made this thread to blow off some steam after a big frustration.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      you're welcome
    • mattbaillon
      mattbaillon
      Bronze
      i seem to be in a very big down swing, runner runner here runner, runner there, called down with bottom pair for him to hit trips on the river to beat my 2 pair (i know 2 pair and top pair is weak tho).

i consider myself to be alot better than most of the low stakes players, i have always played low stakes mainly with a few med stakes sessions just to feel em out and over the last few years not playing seriously just when i can, im a few thousand up in total. i wish i hadnt spent the money now.

been running bad for a few months now, can anyone tell me, is it more likely that its because im shit at poker and dont fully understand poker even tho i have read many books and articles all over the place, or can this actually be just unlucky. if i was a susspicious person i would start one of them "its rigged" joker threds.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      You preflopraise 10 BB with AA and you've been up a few thousand in poker? I must have been doing something seriously wrong all this time then :f_mad:
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      Originally posted by evertonroar
      you shouldnt be "playing for winnin" anyway. you shoudl be playing for fun and playing to play well. do that and the winning money will follow (along with the up and downswings)
      What if the "fun" part is winning? I play to win and I hate losing. And it's not about money - I have the same rush playing with playmoney as at NL25 (sry havent played higher yet). I just like to win.

Seriously... this is causing me a lot of problems lately, because I keep calling obviously losing hands in desperate hope that maybe, just maybe I will win...

How can you deal with this?
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      [x] up a few thousand
      ]x] playmoney ITT ;)
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Firat hand.. Why are you going all in after u got reraised on this reallly wet board?
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      :)
    • Raykoid666
      Raykoid666
      Bronze
      The RNG on Full Tilt is proof that we can indeed expect that the machines will turn against us soon

judgement day is coming!

(terminator spoof obviously)
    • mattbaillon
      mattbaillon
      Bronze
      where do i say i raise 10BB with AA???
    • mattbaillon
      mattbaillon
      Bronze
      oh that was a waste of time, play money, im not even goona argue with ya m8, after all you are platinum, wouldnt it be nice if u used ur time to help rather than trying to be funny. u bellend
    • Sandwind
      Sandwind
      Bronze
      first hand your opponent had around 36% to win
      the second is 20%
      sorry man i know it sucks but it is not a jackpot bad beat
      if u can't handle even those hands then quit playing poker because u will see much worse
      and fulltilt does not hate u trust me :D
    • bogie
      bogie
      Global
      Originally posted by mattbaillon
      where do i say i raise 10BB with AA???

Fold that on there Raise 15x BB w\ 72o ITS the NUTS!... :D