This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

The only way is up.

• PokerPaul18
      PokerPaul18
      Bronze
      Any other way is down.

Hey guys, My names Paul and I'm 18 years old.

As you can probably see from my silver status I have been playing a little, that doesn't really mean anything because I just gambled like an idiot not caring what happened with my money. (Note: This was not the free $50)

So I decided that to succeed I need goals, and targets. To do this I need to start a blog here, as it will keep me on track. If people encourage me that would be motivation enough not to get silly. So consider me a bronze.

I will be using the BSS and when the MSS comes in a few days I'll try it out and see which I prefer before choosing a style to move on and continue with. I will be using Holdem Manager, Elephant and Poker Tracker 3 as the three tools I have in my arsenal.

I found using the starting hands charts in a browser when playing is not as useful as I thought and causes me to make slow decisions and get pulled behind on four tables and make bad decisions. That is why I printed out the advanced and starter hands charts as well as the outs and odds .pdf sheets. I will not play without these near me.

I am trying to settle on where I will hold my limit to stop. I have a collection of Poker chips so as one of the Psychology articles suggest I will use some chips to represent buy-ins and stop when I lose x amount. I am not sure if this should be 3 or 5.

I will be playing Micro Limits starting at $0.01/$0.02.

I will update daily and post new graphs, hands, and other stuff.

Day 1: Starting Bank Roll $53.26
  • 10 replies
    • PokerPaul18
      PokerPaul18
      Bronze
      Idea by THESHade
      Poker Goals

Short term Goals
      :diamond: Become a Gold Poker Strategist.
      :diamond: Play minimum of 5khands/per week
      :diamond: Watch at least 2-3 videos per week

Mid-Term Goals
      :diamond: Crush NL10

Long-Term Goals
      :diamond: Beat NL25
    • StoneJ
      StoneJ
      Bronze
      Good luck pal
    • PokerPaul18
      PokerPaul18
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StoneJ
      Good luck pal
      Thanks.

I done one small 1 hour session before going to sleep (2am-3am) This is Session 1 Day 1.

Session Profit: $2.21
      Total Bankroll: $55.44

Notable Hands:

77 - Nl2
    • StoneJ
      StoneJ
      Bronze
      In your hand evaluation of the 77 hand I think you misinterpret the call20 rule.

The call20 rule does apply. He has raised you 6cents (you already have bet 8c therefore his bet of 14c is a 6c raise) and hence 20 x 6c = $1.20 and he has a stack of 1.80 left behind
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Hello PokerPaul18, I wish you good luck in your poker journey and I got some advices/notes u might want to consider.

You will be having hard time to crush your limit with such a small volume, hence I recommend you to study a lot to make BSS for your limit very easy for you so you will be able to multi-table and put some big volume.

Within a 1-hour session you can play so much more hands if you'd slightly increase number of tables you play.
      If you play 4 tables, it'll be super easy to increase it to 8 tables just by adding 4 more tables and stacking them on the current 4, so each window will be a stack of 2 tables, and with practice you'll find yourself adding even more tables because you'll get bored easily.

However, do not play 8-tables with starting hand charts.

I was only playing 4-5 tables a month ago, and with some practice I now play around 10-16 tables NL2/5 and in 2 hours I play approximately 2,000 hands!

Be well,
      Boris.
    • PokerPaul18
      PokerPaul18
      Bronze
      Thanks Stone, I thought that the Call 20 applied to the person entering the pot with a raise of say $0.08 and I would need $1.60 and so does my opponent. Instead of rather if I raise then he re-raises I didn't know you could apply it to the raise amount instead of the whole raise which was $0.14 and I would of needed $2.80 as well as him.

Thanks for your tips SneakyHanD, I choose to play two tables at once right now because I rely on the starting hand charts a little much and I want to get used to playing with less and less reliant on it.

I am watching the second part in the Full Ring Binder series on DuecesCracked for one of my videos this week.
    • PokerPaul18
      PokerPaul18
      Bronze
      Hey again, I just posting a little update. Just finished a small two hour session before I get ready for work. I think I made some bad decisions, these will be in the notable hands section.

This is Session 2 Day 1:

Session Profit: $2.66
      Starting Bankroll: $55.44
      Ending Bankroll: $58.12

Notable Hands:
      Nl2 - Qq
      NL2 - QKo
      Nl2 - Ak
    • RaWRpewpew
      RaWRpewpew
      Bronze
      Often people with very strong hands just minraise you - when u have a small pocket pair and u call and you play no set no bet, u will make alot of money just calling and stacking them when u hit. ;)
    • PokerPaul18
      PokerPaul18
      Bronze
      This time I played 8 tables at once, was fun the play was kind of fast always having to do something else but that make it less tiresome.

Done another small 2 hour session, at the start of the session I went all-in and lost a buy-in from stupidity I knew I should of folded but wanted to try my luck anyway :/

I managed to claw it back to just over $3 profit until a couple of hands before I said I would finish I lost trip As to a full house of Js and 2s. My hand was AKs and flop was AAJ turn J then river 2, unlucky beat but I can live with it.

Day 2: Session 1:

Starting Bankroll: $58.12
      Profit: $1.46
      Ending Bankroll: $59.53

Week 1:
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Following this blog due to fellow scotsman. You quit already?