The only way is up.

• PokerPaul18
      PokerPaul18
      Bronze
      Any other way is down.

Hey guys, My names Paul and I'm 18 years old.

As you can probably see from my silver status I have been playing a little, that doesn't really mean anything because I just gambled like an idiot not caring what happened with my money. (Note: This was not the free $50)

So I decided that to succeed I need goals, and targets. To do this I need to start a blog here, as it will keep me on track. If people encourage me that would be motivation enough not to get silly. So consider me a bronze.

I will be using the BSS and when the MSS comes in a few days I'll try it out and see which I prefer before choosing a style to move on and continue with. I will be using Holdem Manager, Elephant and Poker Tracker 3 as the three tools I have in my arsenal.

I found using the starting hands charts in a browser when playing is not as useful as I thought and causes me to make slow decisions and get pulled behind on four tables and make bad decisions. That is why I printed out the advanced and starter hands charts as well as the outs and odds .pdf sheets. I will not play without these near me.

I am trying to settle on where I will hold my limit to stop. I have a collection of Poker chips so as one of the Psychology articles suggest I will use some chips to represent buy-ins and stop when I lose x amount. I am not sure if this should be 3 or 5.

I will be playing Micro Limits starting at $0.01/$0.02.

I will update daily and post new graphs, hands, and other stuff.

Day 1: Starting Bank Roll $53.26
  • 10 replies
    • PokerPaul18
      PokerPaul18
      Bronze
      Idea by THESHade
      Poker Goals

Short term Goals
      :diamond: Become a Gold Poker Strategist.
      :diamond: Play minimum of 5khands/per week
      :diamond: Watch at least 2-3 videos per week

Mid-Term Goals
      :diamond: Crush NL10

Long-Term Goals
      :diamond: Beat NL25
    • StoneJ
      StoneJ
      Bronze
      Good luck pal
    • PokerPaul18
      PokerPaul18
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StoneJ
      Good luck pal
      Thanks.

I done one small 1 hour session before going to sleep (2am-3am) This is Session 1 Day 1.

Session Profit: $2.21
      Total Bankroll: $55.44

Notable Hands:

77 - Nl2
    • StoneJ
      StoneJ
      Bronze
      In your hand evaluation of the 77 hand I think you misinterpret the call20 rule.

The call20 rule does apply. He has raised you 6cents (you already have bet 8c therefore his bet of 14c is a 6c raise) and hence 20 x 6c = $1.20 and he has a stack of 1.80 left behind
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Hello PokerPaul18, I wish you good luck in your poker journey and I got some advices/notes u might want to consider.

You will be having hard time to crush your limit with such a small volume, hence I recommend you to study a lot to make BSS for your limit very easy for you so you will be able to multi-table and put some big volume.

Within a 1-hour session you can play so much more hands if you'd slightly increase number of tables you play.
      If you play 4 tables, it'll be super easy to increase it to 8 tables just by adding 4 more tables and stacking them on the current 4, so each window will be a stack of 2 tables, and with practice you'll find yourself adding even more tables because you'll get bored easily.

However, do not play 8-tables with starting hand charts.

I was only playing 4-5 tables a month ago, and with some practice I now play around 10-16 tables NL2/5 and in 2 hours I play approximately 2,000 hands!

Be well,
      Boris.
    • PokerPaul18
      PokerPaul18
      Bronze
      Thanks Stone, I thought that the Call 20 applied to the person entering the pot with a raise of say $0.08 and I would need $1.60 and so does my opponent. Instead of rather if I raise then he re-raises I didn't know you could apply it to the raise amount instead of the whole raise which was $0.14 and I would of needed $2.80 as well as him.

Thanks for your tips SneakyHanD, I choose to play two tables at once right now because I rely on the starting hand charts a little much and I want to get used to playing with less and less reliant on it.

I am watching the second part in the Full Ring Binder series on DuecesCracked for one of my videos this week.
    • PokerPaul18
      PokerPaul18
      Bronze
      Hey again, I just posting a little update. Just finished a small two hour session before I get ready for work. I think I made some bad decisions, these will be in the notable hands section.

This is Session 2 Day 1:

Session Profit: $2.66
      Starting Bankroll: $55.44
      Ending Bankroll: $58.12

Notable Hands:
      Nl2 - Qq
      NL2 - QKo
      Nl2 - Ak
    • RaWRpewpew
      RaWRpewpew
      Bronze
      Often people with very strong hands just minraise you - when u have a small pocket pair and u call and you play no set no bet, u will make alot of money just calling and stacking them when u hit. ;)
    • PokerPaul18
      PokerPaul18
      Bronze
      This time I played 8 tables at once, was fun the play was kind of fast always having to do something else but that make it less tiresome.

Done another small 2 hour session, at the start of the session I went all-in and lost a buy-in from stupidity I knew I should of folded but wanted to try my luck anyway :/

I managed to claw it back to just over $3 profit until a couple of hands before I said I would finish I lost trip As to a full house of Js and 2s. My hand was AKs and flop was AAJ turn J then river 2, unlucky beat but I can live with it.

Day 2: Session 1:

Starting Bankroll: $58.12
      Profit: $1.46
      Ending Bankroll: $59.53

Week 1:
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Following this blog due to fellow scotsman. You quit already?