[NL2-NL10] Could I have done anything differently?

• sokoi
      sokoi
      Bronze
      Was running pretty good at this table, sticking to SSS very aggressively with just the chart. Entered in with the min at this table I believe it was 1.4 and had it up too a little over $8.00 I know SSS says leave once doubled but the other players were doing that for me and decided to stay as there was tons of "easy money" to my right. This believe it was going to be my last hand of the night too... Not exactly the "story book ending" i was hoping for especially with the love'em or hate'em AKo. BU was 22 hands in with a Vpip of 59 if that matters, I was doing really well crushing any limpers, thought this time maybe he was taking a stand and would fold away as usual on the flop. Here's how it turned out,

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $4
      Hero:
      $6.52
      BU:
      $3.3

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , K:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, BU calls $0.16, SB folds, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.50) K:heart: , 7:diamond: , 5:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.36, BU calls $0.36, BB folds.

Turn: ($1.22) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero raises $6 (All-In), BU calls $2.78 (All-In).

River: ($10.00) 5:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, kings and sevens (Ac Kd)
      BU shows four-of-a-kind, sevens (7h 7s)

BU wins with four-of-a-kind, sevens (7h 7s)
  • 2 replies
    • MeanGreen
      MeanGreen
      Bronze
      If $1.40 is the minimum on those tables then it's not really gonna work long term. SSS is designed around 15-25bb stacks, 35bb is more like MSS. What room are you playing?

It's more like a BSS hand, since you effectively have a 82.5bb stack against BU and 100bb against BB.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey sokoi,

You play with over 100 big blinds stack which is considered BSS, so perhaps you should try to sticking to that strategy and also post hands on their forum. If you want to play SSS then you have to find tables where you can buy in with 20 big blinds, because with 35 big blinds you can't practice SSS well.

As for the hand, preflop and flop are well played, however on the turn I would just make a standard 2/3 potsize bet and shove river, because the board is very dry and if you overbet shove you can make some weaker hands fold that would otherwise call your normal sized bets.

Regards,
      burek2000