[Application] ANZPT Live Tournament Staking [25% left]

    • OleGunnar20
      OleGunnar20
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.12.2010 Posts: 29
      I have read and accepted the staking rules. By posting in this thread, every member acknowledges the same.

      Feedback for OleGunnar20

      ** UPDATE **
      The schedule has now changed due to the earthquake in Christchurch. The NZ Poker Champs have been cancelled so I am travelling out to Sydney the week before and I am planning on playing the ANZPT Sydney side events. The total package is now reduced from $9275 to $8770.
      **

      Hi

      I am looking for stakers for a series of live tournaments in Australia in the next few months. I am planning on playing 3 legs of the Australia New Zealand Poker Tour (ANZPT) in Sydney, Gold Coast and Canberra. The scheduled events are:

      05/04/11 ANZPT Sydney - Event 1 A$330
      08/04/11 ANZPT Sydney - Event 2 A$550
      09/04/11 ANZPT Sydney - Event 3 A$440
      10/04/11 ANZPT Sydney - Event 4 A$550
      14/04/11 ANZPT Sydney - Main Event A$2200
      17/05/11 ANZPT Gold Coast - Main Event A$2500
      10/06/11 ANZPT Canberra - Main Event A$2200

      The total package for six events is $8770. The deal would be 1.15:1 markup with 30% shares for myself so I'm selling the remaining 70%.

      I am mainly a live player and new to this forum so please let me know if you have any questions or comments and I am happy to provide evidence of identity and regular tournament updates etc. Also I am friends with GrafM who is a frequent contributor to this website and he will vouch for me. As evidence of skills and previous results:

      • I played in 4 of the above listed events last year and cashed in 3 of these including 1 win and 1 final table at the NZ Poker Championships.
      • I have a good knowledge of poker strategy (I am a scientist and have a PhD degree in mathematics)
      • Some of my tournament results from last year can be seen at the Hendon Mob website. Cashes from 2010 include:
        - $20,000 NZPC South Island Champs, 1st
        - $8,500 NZPC Main Event, 7th
        - $7,000 NZ Masters 6-handed Champs, 1st
        - $4,460 ANZPT Sydney, 33rd


      Status:

      1% = $87.70
      5% = $438.50
      10% = $877
      20% = $1754

      ...

      Stakers (25% remaining):

      30% OleGunnar20
      30% styx528
      10% GrafM
      3% Eastwood
      2% BudSpencer8
  • 5 replies
    • GrafM
      GrafM
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.12.2007 Posts: 2,220
      I vouch for him. I am real life friends with him and planning on playing the events in Sydney and Gold Coast with him. He's 100% reliable and a skillfull life player. I did some sweet sessions online, played live cashgame in the casino and reviewed some tournament hand history with him, all proving to me that he knows what he's doing with his chips. :) I reserve 5% for myself.
    • OleGunnar20
      OleGunnar20
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.12.2010 Posts: 29
      I have reduced the Markup from 1.2:1 to 1.15:1 to see if I can get any takers as I would like to play in these events. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks.
    • tiltpokernow
      tiltpokernow
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.11.2008 Posts: 160
      you're a scientist with a PHD...and youve won two of those tournaments yet looking for a backer? its only $9000 for all of those and you claim to be ascientist. So I doubt you need backing imo ;)

      fishy
    • GrafM
      GrafM
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.12.2007 Posts: 2,220
      Reducing variance is always a big part of stakings. Especially live. It's not always about the roll, dude!
    • OleGunnar20
      OleGunnar20
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.12.2010 Posts: 29
      If you are not interested then that is fine, and you are entitled to your opinion, but please do not suggest this is "fishy" because you don't have any idea what you are talking about. For the record, I am more than happy to provide proof of all of the statements I made in my original post and I don't appreciate you insinuating that I'm being dishonest. As a mathematician I would suggest you get someone to teach you some basic statistical concepts before you lose all of your pocket money.

      Update - 75% of the schedule now taken, 25% remaining.