[NL2-NL10] Nl2 - Qq

• PokerPaul18
      I do the usual raise pre-flop due to my hand and get called by the SB. This player had a VP$IP of around 40% so I put him on an average to weak hand. When the flop comes there is a flush draw on the board and an A, I put in a contibet and get raised, I didn't think he had the A since he plays a very wide hand range, more likely on the flush draw he would raise me, so I re-raised all-in and get called.

I thought at the time this was a good idea, although it turned out well. I think I was risking a little much on the hope he didn't have an A?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, Q.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) 6, 9, A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, SB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $2.21, SB calls $1.87.

Turn: ($4.56) 5 (2 players)

River: ($4.56) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.56.
      Results follow:

SB shows high card ace(8 Q).
      Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).

Hero wins with a pair of queens(Q Q).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello PokerPaul18,

Actually I don't like it at all, we can't be sure that he is doing that there with flushdraws and even if we shove there we will very often from some kind of good players get a fold there and they will Call with hands like Ax and we will lose money in long run. Therefore I'd rather Check behind if he is some kind of aggressive opponent and expect to get Check/Raised very often than go broke with this hand. And as played I'd Bet/Fold there and give it up my hand.

Best regards.