[NL2-NL10] NL2 - QKo

• PokerPaul18
      PokerPaul18
      Bronze
      I was in the sb and everyone folded so decided to raise according to the starting hand chart this was the right move. I get called by BB and he plays around 30% of his hands, but normally Ax.

The flop comes and I hit the top pair with Q kicked, as I put him on an Ax. I thought he would fold to my contibet and due to the flush draw on the board I was unsure as he could of had a flush draw or AK and beat me. He raised me proceeding my re-raise all-in.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $1.97
      MP3:
      $3.03
      CO:
      $2.11
      BU:
      $1.49
      SB (Hero):
      $2.27
      BB:
      $2.05
      UTG1:
      $1.91
      UTG2:
      $2.01
      MP1:
      $4.12

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, K.
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BB raises to $0.14, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.28) 5, 6, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BB raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $2.13, BB calls $1.51.

Turn: ($4.32) T (2 players)

River: ($4.32) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.32.
      Results follow:

BB shows a pair of sixs(6 A).
      Hero shows a pair of kings(Q K).

Hero wins with a pair of kings(Q K).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PokerPaul18,

Seems like you Called his preflop raise not he. And postflop should be doable for the reason that sometimes he might as well even raise there with worse hands while it's BvB. Hands like draws, worse Kx or whatsoever and against that kind of range it's doable. Although it's very close, sometimes I even prefer folding there when I have better reads that the opponent is more kinda passive guy but when he has played back on us then do also mention that not only about your game. :) Will help to give you better evaluations.

Best regards.