[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH JTs MP

• Sinnology
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, T.
      MP2 raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, BB calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.92) Q, 6, 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets $0.92, Hero folds, BB folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.92.

Raiser from UTG is a huuge fish with 70/54/66 in 20 hands.Sample size is small but I saw him playing few hands and it was hilarious.
      He kept making this small minraise opens and I decided to isolate him with a raise.
      Another fish from bb called.
      I was IP and happy so far .
      Flop brings me OESD.
      Initial raiser bets PSB and I folded.
      After I folded I realised that on hes cbet is 100% , so in 10 hands he raised he cbet 100%.
      On the other side he bet .92 leaving 1.7 behind so if I missed the turn I probably woudlnt get to see river cheply.
      Would calling here be a mistake ?
  • 2 replies
    • tobiasdekker
      Why did you 3-bet preflop. I think a call against a big fish is here better, because if you hit the flop it doesn`t matter how many money the fish spend preflop. Call preflop you don`t have any foldequity.

As played I think a shove on the flop is the best way to play this hand. Because of the foldequity+equity
    • veriz
      Hello Sinnology,

Preflop: Actually 3betting against his stack and against such a fish isn't that great. We don't have much fold equity postflop anyways. Rather just Call and play him postflop and maybe even more people will join the pot what would be even better.

As played
      Postflop: We can't Call here just for the reason that his stack doesn't allow that and also we have to discount few outs because of the FD. And more often he will have a hand here anyways which is going broke here for the reason that he is betting pot size. I'd just fold it.

Best regards.