[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Sh B Tt

• Sinnology
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, T.
      2 folds, CO calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, SB raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.8) 5, 3, A (2 players)
      SB bets $2.82, Hero calls $2.82.

Turn: ($6.44) 5 (2 players)

River: ($6.44) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $6.44.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, tens and fives(Td Ts).
      SB shows a pair of fives(Jh Ks).

Hero wins with two pairs, tens and fives(Td Ts).

Villains stats are 42/22/33 over 10 hands, which s small sample size, but in general he played really badly.
      This hand is evidence of that.
      I bet on B and he 3bet me, I call.
      Flop brings an A and he instant showed.
      I was confused first, than I thought for a sec and tried to imagine how would guy like him play if he had an A.
      He can slowplay, he can made some really stupid value bet of 2-3bbs, he can even make a decent betsize.
      But pushing Allin is something I cant see him doing.
      THan I thought with what kind of hand could he do this?
      First think that poped my mind was some PP stronger than 5.
      Possible JJ,QQ but he probably wouldnt belive me I have an A so he would bet for value.
      I decided to call it.
      whats your opinon about it ?

• 3 replies
    • tobiasdekker
      The problem is a fish don`t think how can I get the most value. But they think I have toppair how can I go broke. I think it is a easy fold!
    • veriz
      Hello Sinnology,

If you are going to make such a Call then rather just try to get your money in preflop rather than make such a hero-call. And as played your reasons are totally fine although sometimes you will face there a stronger hand, that's the problem. :( And we have to Call a lot there, I guess I am even more inclined to fold there even though his play doesn't make sense. Sometimes he might as well shove there even with sets which thinks that you hit the ace or either he shoves there with just some Ace. Everything can happen but to avoid that kind of situation, rather just ship it preflop or fold on such flop shove.

Best regards.
    • Sinnology
      Guess you guys are right.
      Thx guys