[NL2-NL10] AKo SB cold/call bet fold TPTK on turn

• Frankyx911
      Frankyx911
      Bronze
      Hey there ! first hand post!
      Background of the hand:
      Im working on my OOP as leak buster says its one of my biggest leaks (over playing TPTK OOP beeing a close #2)

So I'm holding AKo on the SB and decide to try and 'trap' my self i guess by cold calling a UTG1 raise whit 1 caller

UTG1 as been very loose but on a small (50ish)sample

BU as cold caled 70% raise in position C-betting any checked down pot on the flop on same sample

Known players:      
      Hero:
      $2.8
      UTG1:
      $2.08
      BU:
      $2.26

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , K:club:
      UTG1 raises to $0.07, 5 folds, BU calls $0.07, Hero calls $0.06, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.23) K:spade: , 9:diamond: , 4:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, UTG1 calls $0.18, BU folds.

Turn: ($0.59) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.29, UTG1 raises to $0.58, Hero folds, UTG1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.17

So to me ... whit the plan I had in mind that was a perfect flop so i decide to donk in hoping to get called down by JJ or TT and get a fold or a call on the turn and river

then comes a 4 of hearts not to much of a scare card as I would of expected lower suited connectors to fold on the flop bet as they wouldnt even had a gutshot to follow... at most a backdoor flush ... completly forgeting KQ or KJ of Hearts could be in his range until latter

So i barrel again and he min raise me ... now here i would of usualy went all-in...my plan in the beggining was to trap after all! but whit the leak buster info and.... obv past times where i did that whit TPTK and got completly owned thinking the other dude was semi bluffing, I decided to fold in fear of AA KK 99

Now thinking about it I would add... KQ KJ QJ JT of hearts to his range and ... im not so sure I did the right thing folding... I dont think Calling was an option either I was either All-in or fold there... im 50/50 and dont know what to do next time

What would you say?
      Should I even consider him beeing loose on 50 hands or just 'say' he's unknown for now and fold ?? I know that if he really his loose a 3bet pre flop would of been more profitable in this situation as he would of folded Kxs Qxs and Jxs but I wanted to try to trap and work my oop post flop so...
      I think I trapped myself into folding to any return in aggression or maybe that was the right play

guess this is why im here now thx for your input :D
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Frankyx911,

And welcome to the forum. Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future to fix your leaks and as well help you move up the limits. Waiting for next hands. :)

Preflop: Actually the calling here is rather problematic and often times I even don't like it. For the reason that we will be in multiway pot and AKo ain't that great for that. Rather just fold it directly, what often times ain't even weak while we consider the 1st raiser being pretty tight.

As played
      Postflop: I'd actually bet a bit bigger on turn ~$0,35 and likely fold to the raise as you did. Often times we will be beat there when he picks such a line and we can't make it profitable while we don't really know him.

Best regards.
    • Frankyx911
      Frankyx911
      Bronze
      thx for the input!

you wouldnt even consider a 3 bet whit AKo in the SB?
      hmmm cant seem to find the ... 'take another look please' button :D
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      Would a check raise be better on the flop.This really smells of a buff to me.A cold call and a lead out.tp tk.Micro's have such a loose game your good here about +80 or so.IMOA.Personally I re-raise pre flop
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Frankyx911
      thx for the input!

you wouldnt even consider a 3 bet whit AKo in the SB?
      hmmm cant seem to find the ... 'take another look please' button :D
      Yes, and that's true. Often times UTG range is very strong or either he will just fold the hand if it's very weak. And if he has like JJ+ or whatsoever he will reraise us and against those hands we are likely behind and in long run we lose money. AKo ain't the nuts. ;) And I WOULD consider 3betting if I knew that he is as well raising like a maniac like has PFR around 20. But while often times they are even tighter, I sometimes just prefer folding, next time write as well his PFR, we can't do that much with the word that he is loose. Loose on what? Calling light or as well raising light? He may easily have stats like 50/2. :) Against whom I wouldn't 3bet.