[NL2-NL10] [NL2] Set Misplayed?

• gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 ($0.80)
      CO ($2.07)
      Button ($3.25)
      SB ($1.87)
      BB ($3.25)
      UTG ($0.65)
      Hero (MP1) ($2.61)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 3, 3
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.06, 2 folds, Button calls $0.06, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.15) 3, K, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, Button raises to $0.36, Hero calls $0.24

Turn: ($0.87) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

River: ($0.87) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $0.40, Hero ???

I know I should have bet the turn but I'm concerned about the river mostly. I think by the river most of the time he's betting his two pair?
  • 4 replies
    • koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      Like you said, you should bet the turn since villain could raise the flop with pair + flushdraw, something like KJ or QJ. Of course he could play KQ the same line though I usually see him ahead with four diamonds on the board. I think it's possible bet/fold the river for the price that you would call, for example, ~0.30$.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by koosMaras
      Like you said, you should bet the turn since villain could raise the flop with pair + flushdraw, something like KJ or QJ. Of course he could play KQ the same line though I usually see him ahead with four diamonds on the board. I think it's possible bet/fold the river for the price that you would call, for example, ~0.30$.
      I woudlnt bet fold river cuz he prolly only calls with a damond so check fold river is best imo
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      Yeah I ended up calling for that price thinking it could be possible he had two pair, he had flopped a flush.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gsergiul,

Actually you may consider even getting it in on flop as well which ain't even a mistake. Just for the reason that he may as well sometimes raise there with Kx type of hands which tries to protect from any kind of flushdraw and maybe even 2pairs. But definitely being a bit deeper and just Calling and hoping to hit the FH is also somehow considerable. But as played, I would rather Check/Fold on such a river card, we don't beat much there anyways and wont get called by a lot worse either that often.

Best regards.