[NL2-NL10] [NL2] Two Pair /w nasty board

• gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 ($1.93)
      MP1 ($2)
      MP2 ($1.62)
      MP3 ($3.05)
      Hero (CO) ($2)
      Button ($1.86)
      SB ($2.13)
      BB ($0.44)
      UTG ($3.67)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8, A
      UTG bets $0.04, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.04, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.11) 8, J, A (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.16, UTG calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.43) K (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14

River: ($0.71) 10 (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.71, Hero ???
  • 3 replies
    • koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      I would think about raising on the turn since his bet is pretty smallish, he's most likely trying to see river card than betting for value. Don't think calling river makes sense, probably you're behind here. Though will be interesting to see veriz opinion about villain's minraise range from UTG.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gsergiul,

Preflop: Since he is almost full stack then it ain't that big mistake to Call it here but you have to keep in mind that we ain't only playing for TP with that kind of hand, rather a very strong hand at least 2pairs.

As played
      Flop: I'd even raise it bigger on flop ~$0,26.
      Turn: As mentioned earlier that such kind of min-bets indicate often times to a weak hand which either tries to draw something or doesn't want to face a strong bet. Although while we didn't plan to play for stacks with just 2pairs in this situation then vs unknown I like Calling sometimes also better and keep the pot smaller. Although you could also consider raising when we are against some very fishy opponent.
      River: Rather just fold it, I don't think that we can make the Call here profitable in long run, rather losing money.

Best regards.
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello gsergiul,

Preflop: Since he is almost full stack then it ain't that big mistake to Call it here but you have to keep in mind that we ain't only playing for TP with that kind of hand, rather a very strong hand at least 2pairs.

That's what I was thinking as well, most probably would have not continued with just top pair vs big heat.