6-max BRM

• fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      I know that general advise for FR BRM is to move up when you have 25 BI for the next level and move down when you have 25 BI for the lower level. However as we all know SH variance can be brutal. So I'd welcome your opinions on the right BRM for shorthanded (mainly 6-handed) games.

I figured I'll move up when I have 40 BI for the next limit and move down when I have 25 BI for the limit I'm currently playing.

I come from a poor country and make around €1500 a month at my regular job, therefore my bankroll (around €1200 right now) isn't easily replaceable. I don't want to become scared money. So what are your thoughts?
  • 12 replies
    • mrkaktus
      mrkaktus
      Bronze
      i think your BRM for 6max is fine. I usually shot higher limit w abt 20 - 25 BI but your way is much more safer :)
      btw. what "poor" country you live in when you can make 1.5k €/month? :) imo its quite nice salary :)
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      That would be Estonia. Most people here make less than €1000, so I'm a "wealthy" guy :D .

However I've taken a few shots at NL50 and I must say that making a €20 bluff bet feels shaky considering I spend €10 at grocery store daily. Thus I'm afraid of becoming scared money.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      I know that general advise for FR BRM is to move up when you have 25 BI for the next level and move down when you have 25 BI for the lower level. However as we all know SH variance can be brutal. So I'd welcome your opinions on the right BRM for shorthanded (mainly 6-handed) games.

I figured I'll move up when I have 40 BI for the next limit and move down when I have 25 BI for the limit I'm currently playing.

I come from a poor country and make around €1500 a month at my regular job, therefore my bankroll (around €1200 right now) isn't easily replaceable. I don't want to become scared money. So what are your thoughts?

lol, you earn that annualy on Lithuania but it's ok, as one can make living from NL2
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi,
      I think it depends how comfortable you feel, Im playing NL10 SH(moving up very soon though) with $1050 bankroll, i think it helps me really just play the game the best I can and not worry about the results. But I guess my BRM is way too conservative, it just depends.
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matusko
      Hi,
      I think it depends how comfortable you feel, Im playing NL10 SH(moving up very soon though) with $1050 bankroll, i think it helps me really just play the game the best I can and not worry about the results. But I guess my BRM is way too conservative, it just depends.
      Conservative is good imo. $1000+ for NL25 gives you plenty of room to learn the new level and you won't feel the pressure to move back down to NL10 should you hit a bad run. :)
    • konkey
      konkey
      Bronze
      Or you can play less tables and troll opponents in chat until they tilt like hellmuth.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Troll opponents? Why would I ever want to troll my customers. Usually when I fire two barrels with flush draw and make it on the river while they call me down with bottom pair to see what I have I'll just say: "I guess you're not a type of guy who gets scared easily. Well played. I'm such a lucky fish."
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      However I've taken a few shots at NL50 and I must say that making a €20 bluff bet feels shaky considering I spend €10 at grocery store daily. Thus I'm afraid of becoming scared money.
      This is the key to not being scared money !
      When u're at the table, you gotta view ur stack/$$ as just playchips ...

When I'm at the table, I don't think about that stuff and don't look at it as real money ...
      Otherwise I'd be going mad ...

Though that same stuff bothers me when I'm away from the tables ...
      After having a bad day @NL50 and losing like 5-7 stacks ...

Standard right, nothing special ... but when I translate it into real life money (also live in Estonia and I DON'T have a job :D ) ...

It's HUUUGE.

So you deffo need to separate real life and poker in that sense ...

As Galfond said in some video about losing: "Some ppl say like wooow, you could've bought a car with that money ... but no, that's not true, that money was just a tool needed to do my job ... Whether I win or lose, it's jsut a buy in and should never be measured in real life terms"

Poker is a game of small edges, you will win and lose enormous amounts of money, but it all evens out to "normal" numbers.

Once I filtered out all the hands that I had lost during a given month and ... well, if you'd never lose huge sums, you could be rich as fuck even playing jsut NL25 :f_biggrin:
    • rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      I agree with StaticMoth on not looking at it as real money only in my case I watch the money as number of bb.

If you are rolled for higher limit you are rolled because of the amount of bb. I think it is very important to look at it like that because you'll hardly feel any scared money.
      Your bluff is the same on lower and higher limit looking at the blinds, pot size and so on...
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      i wanna move to estonia id be a baller there
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by Targetme
      i wanna move to estonia id be a baller there
      Everyone who doesn't rely on local wages is a baller here, y :f_biggrin:
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Or you can be a footballer.

One great thing about Europe is that by Football we mean a game where you hit a ball with your foot instead of letting sweaty men in tights take you on from behind.