[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Fr

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      I know this is a tricky spot, but I would like to know:

1. how do you analize ranges to say 'I shouldn't play this hand at all' or 'I should limp' or 'I should raise'.
      2. After the 3b, call or not call? Why?
      3. After the called 3b?

The table is pretty tight. The 3better is kind of loose, but I don't have too much info on him. (26 hands, 35/4/0 - WTSD 4/10) behind him 2 nits (flat calling only with medium to high pairs), 1 ss very loose (stack $1.37), one more nit on bu who I know quite well (1% 3bet over 800 hands, he will usually flat call me in pos with 77+), SB loose and med stack, bb same (sb and bb quite passive)

I am opening my game to try to play more tricky hands, this is one of them.

Thank you :f_grin:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $6.12
      BB:
      $5.00
      UTG1:
      $12.35
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $10.35
      MP1:
      $3.82
      MP2:
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $10.21
      CO:
      $1.37

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K, Q.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $1.00, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.70.

Flop: ($2.15) A, 4, 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.20, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.15.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MisClick,

1. how do you analize ranges to say 'I shouldn't play this hand at all' or 'I should limp' or 'I should raise'.

Try equilator and put the ranges into it and you will see what the numbers bring you. And such a PFR means that he does have a very tight range.

2. After the 3b, call or not call? Why?

Just as mentioned in question 1. that he has too small PFR and often times has a very strong hand here, therefore just fold the hand.

3. After the called 3b?

Just Check/Fold it, nothing much you can do.

Best regards.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Definitely a fold to the 3-bet IMO.

He's only open raising 4% of hands which is something like JJ+, AK, AQ which has you crushed. He's also probably 3-betting a narrower range than this (QQ+, AK?) so you can safely fold ESPECIALLY out of position.

Also you've raised in EP which is likely to garner more respect from the 3-better and he's not likely to be 3-betting you light.