[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Fr 4bet on BU

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      (I am having problems posting this, I click post and then the thread dissapear. Please feel free to delete if other copies of this one appear all of a sudden)

Did I mess it up here?

VERY tight table. However, player in BB seemed to be fed up with my stealing (he had 3bet me the round before). He is himself a stealer, and I find that those are the players more likely to start fighting back my steals. He is stealing 4/4 when on SB, 6/7 when on the BU, 1/7 on the CO. He folds all steals to Re-raises (no very many situations, 2/2). With that in mind and thinking he is trying to make a stand, and also knowing my hand is ok, I 4b. Is this ok?

Secondly: Did I play flop well? I was just thinking that may be I should have only rr min to give him the chance to push all in? However, if I rr min there he will be left with only $3...I thought he would call me with any overpair, or any fd. Did I kill the hand?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $12.09
      BB:
      $11.27
      UTG2:
      $10.00
      MP1:
      $8.24
      MP2:
      $7.15
      MP3:
      $10.80
      CO:
      $10.48
      BU (Hero):
      $13.34

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7, 7.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $2.80, BB calls $1.90.

Flop: ($5.65) 8, 7, 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.68, Hero raises to $10.54, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.33.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MisClick,

Preflop: If you would give the specific stats from him like fold bb to steal and 3bet stat, then we could rather say better view of this. If he is fighting back often enough then sometimes it's even considerable. But if we more against some kind of unknown then I don't really like it.
      Postflop: Since we will be all-in anyways even if the flush comes, I'd even sometimes prefer Calling it here and let him maybe even hit something like an overcard since he will more often have here overcards than any draw. And also might even try to 2nd barrel and we can ship it. Otherwise I'd just bet myself on turn if he is checking to us. And of course getting it in there ain't wrong. :)

Best regards.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      (Yep, It was a little bit too much, too crazy... Maybe I should check the sugar content of my breakfast cereal :f_biggrin: )

He 3bets 6% (4/63), half of that on the blinds (2/27).
      He folds to 3b 88% (7/4). This is distributed as: 75% (3/4) on the blinds, 100% (2/2) on MP and LP.

I never saw him 4betting, and that was the first time he called a 4bet.

Do we pay any attention to his stealing attitude? In my experience, the regs just don't want to mess with me unless they are stealers themselves. If they are, they start messing up with me at about the time this one started 3betting me, and very often once I folded to the first 3b, I get a second 3bet at the next opportunity. May be it is too far fetched to think to think like that? What I don't understand very well is him calling my 4b oop. Does he have a hand and he's scared of a better one, or is he planning to donk (which is very common by the way) I don't see what he can be folding there having called preflop, unless he flatted with AJs+?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      He 3bets 6% (4/63), half of that on the blinds (2/27). He folds to 3b 88% (7/4). This is distributed as: 75% (3/4) on the blinds, 100% (2/2) on MP and LP.

Against that opponent I don't really like 4bet there. At the best just Call and play him postflop. He is pretty tight and usually does the 3bet there with some stronger hand, even could be that we already far behind.

Do we pay any attention to his stealing attitude?

Not really, it hasn't much to do with that. There can be players who steal a lot while they don't defend at all. :) So pay attention to that stat what is made for that not like he is stealing a lot then he has to defend also a lot.

And he may flat there whatever wants, maybe AK+ some PPs. Maybe looser, I guess you should know better him while you have the stats and hands on him. While I don't even have VPIP/PFR or anything. More often I'd say he has a tighter range there which is is Calling.