UTG ($4.11)
      UTG+1 ($4.09)
      CO ($4)
      BTN ($5.15)
      SB ($4.34)
      Hero ($4)

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 6 players) Hero is BB 9:heart: 9:spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.16, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: J:heart: 7:club: A:diamond: ($0.34, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, CO raises to $0.44

Stats/Reads
      27/21, fold to 3bet: 61, c-bet: 81, 2k hands

PRE
      From CO villain opens about 27-30% hands, so I think it is profitable to call here even OOP. Also he c-bets way too often and I can take the pot away on the turn on a good flop.

I think, that 3bet is 2nd best option here.

FLOP
      There is no excuse to lead here. His range hits here very often. So - c/f.

SCENARIOS

Let`s say there is 1 overcard to my 99. Would it be better to c/c(hence c-bet%) or lead(to find out where we stand)?

I assume, it would be better to c/c on dry boards and lead, if there are draw possibilities.

What to do, if my pair on the flop is overpair? I think, I would always lead, to prevent possible draws(if any, also he could have 2 over-cards). If he plays back, I can assume he has an overpair better to mine.

:f_p:
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dienaszaglis,

Preflop: I don't really like flatting here for the reason that we will see so often overcards on flop and we will have hard time. 99 is pretty strong to just defend the blind and 3bet. But of course with Call it's also doable for the reason that his fold to 3bet is pretty small.

As played
      Postflop: Donking is an option for the reason that he is folding a lot of his range, and even sometimes donking is stronger than Check/Call for the reason that we wont just find out where we stand. He is CBetting most of his range.

Let`s say there is 1 overcard to my 99. Would it be better to c/c(hence c-bet%) or lead(to find out where we stand)?

Both plays are doable, just depends on which overcard and against who we are playing. Like against Ace I don't really like that often floating rather donking is better for the reason that we at least will get information where we stand. Like this situation.

What to do, if my pair on the flop is overpair? I think, I would always lead, to prevent possible draws(if any, also he could have 2 over-cards). If he plays back, I can assume he has an overpair better to mine.

If we have an overpair we can still Check/Call it and let him bluff or something similar or either donk it as well. Depends a lot on the opponent. With only those stats I can't say much how he does play postflop and there isn't just one way to play the hand. Against different opponents we are playing differently.

Best regards.