Inflexibility of PokerStrategy

• lauriesed
      lauriesed
      Bronze
      Some 6+weeks ago I passed the Quiz and wanted the "cash" deposited on PartyPoker. Since then I have been trying to get the $50 from PokerStrategy without success.

They won't accept my Passport because it is out of date! They insist they need this because of the photo of me. How the hell do they know its me?

My drivers Licence, which hasn't got a photo on it, is with the DVLA awaiting some health changes and won't be back for weeks. Despite no photo I'm told this will do as an alternative to my Passport?????

I don't, and have no need of, an Identity Card.

Subsequently I can't have the $50 even though I have also offered a copy of my Birth Certificate as proof of my age along with Utility Bills confirming my address.

Emails tell me "its the rules". All sounds a little illogical to me and yet another example of "The computer says No". If there are any staff there who are a little more flexible can you look at my case please.
  • 20 replies
    • lauriesed
      lauriesed
      Bronze
      After having been asked to resubmit my documents I have now been told that I failed the ID check and so won't be getting the $50.

I'll say no more............................
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      oh well you just have to make do with the crap load of articles, videos and live coachings the site offers its user free of charge.
    • lauriesed
      lauriesed
      Bronze
      There's always one that misses tha point. Never mind sonny you may get some FREE PokerStrategy Points or even a pay rise on your next review.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hi laurie,

I'm very sorry to hear about your problems, however please understand that we are dealing with thousands of new registrations every day, and a respectable portion of that consists of fraudsters trying to receive our starting capital for the umpteenth time.

In order to be able to offer our services, including the $50, we need to protect ourselves from fraud - one way of doing so is the ID check, for which we have a certain set of guidelines by which all of our employees work in order to ensure fair treatment of every customer.

But as weller has said, you are more than welcome to be part of our community and being a member brings more than simply the free $50: Our articles, videos and coachings aim to make you a long term profitable poker player :)

Regards,

Hadi
    • dochazard
      dochazard
      Bronze
      If I may offer my experience with this, one of my referrals, who I can honestly say has never tried to get the $50 BR, was initially denied for, "failing the ID check." I even tried to inquire on his behalf, but support did not acquiesce, citing confidentiality reasons. We thought it a lost cause and left it at that. However, through no efforts on our part, my friend was emailed several weeks later that he was later cleared to receive his initial BR.
    • jensed
      jensed
      Bronze
      and there's another thread about exactly the same subject on the Forum with the same "standard reply".

I'm currently waiting for my $50, my fingers are crossed.
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Hey lauriesed,

we had a dive into your case & could solve it.

You should receive your $50 soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused - processing 6,000 sign-ups a day (most of them who want the $50 ;) ) is a lot of work. Add the fraud problem and things don't always go smooth.

Best of luck at the tables!

Lutz
    • lauriesed
      lauriesed
      Bronze
      Hi Lutz

If this reply is genuine then thank you.

All I wanted was someone to look into the situation for me, seems you may have done it. I'll be back when my $50 appears to confirm to all that you have done what you said.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      I'm not really anything to do with this this thread, but just thought i'd say the admins here seem great, and support is so good.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Thanks for the kind words :)
      laurie, please let us know if everything worked out well.

Regards,

Hadi
    • lauriesed
      lauriesed
      Bronze
      Hi Hadi and Lutz

I'm sorry to inform you that 48 hours after the post by Lutz there is still no sign of the $50 on my account. I've just checked

I'm sorry to drag this on and for those that think I'm "nit picking"" and should get a life" I'm only doing it because of the fact that I have done everything I can to prove I am not a fraud and suspect, no KNOW, that others are treated the same (see the other thread about exactly the same subject on the forum). I love the site and the content; that is not the issue here.

I fully appreciate all the fraud and the 1000's of applications that you must receive but I used your site and moved to a new site (PartyPoker) because of the Quiz, and if dragging this out maybe makes you look at your current system and helps a few others in the same situation then is worthwhile.

I really do look forward to receiving the $50 so that I can draw a line under this issue. I promise I will inform you when, or if, it happens

Laurie
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Hey lauriesed,

there must have been internal communication problems, as the fraud team confirmed to me that you will receive your $50.

I will follow it up & you should get a ticket by tomorrow.

Best,
      Lutz
    • lauriesed
      lauriesed
      Bronze
      Hi

Afraid tomorrow has come and nearly gone (21.00GMT) but still no signs.

Regards

Laurie
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hi laurie,

apologies, I'll talk to my colleagues to try and find out what's causing this.

Hadi
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hi laurie,

you should receive a ticket within the next 24h, if you don't, please let me know.

Regards,

Hadi
    • lauriesed
      lauriesed
      Bronze
      Received a ticket but have had to register with yet another site in order to receive the $50, apparently it is now impossible to put the money on Party Poker because I have deposited my own money.

Anyway soon as it arrives I'll draw the line, the site (Cake Poker) looks OK

Laurie
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey,

let us know if everything worked out or if we can help you with anything else :)

Regards,

Hadi
    • lauriesed
      lauriesed
      Bronze
      _____________________________________________________ :)
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      That's what I like to see ;)