[NL2-NL10] 10NL FR KJo on BB facing steal from BU.

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      (Sorry Veriz for the amount of hands I am sending, I have just discovered this service and I love it! :) It is incredibly helpful to be able to get feedback like this, Thank you :f_love: )

Villain:

VPIP 14/ PR 11/ 3B 0
      attempts to steal blinds: 29% (2/7)
      Cbet flop 100% (2/2)

Stats over 56 hands.

1) Was this a bad fold? I am playing very loose and he saw me going all in on a draw a couple of hands before (he is paying attention as he is playing 1T)

2) Vs. a nit regular am I right thinking I am beat?

Many thanks,

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $20.61
      MP2:
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $3.85
      BU:
      $17.84
      SB:
      $11.87

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, J.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.40, SB folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) K, J, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.50, BU raises to $4.35, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.35.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MisClick,

Thanks fine and you are always welcome to post the hands. The more hands you post the better you get. :)

About the play:
      1) Was this a bad fold? I am playing very loose and he saw me going all in on a draw a couple of hands before (he is paying attention as he is playing 1T)

Since we are that loose, I guess I'd rather just bet myself there and protect from any kind of draw. If we plan to Check/Raise there then it also means that we are wanting to go broke. Doesn't really make sense to turn our hand into bluff with Check/Raise. Therefore rather just Bet there.

2) Vs. a nit regular am I right thinking I am beat?

I wouldn't say that you are likely always beat, he could easily have like AK, there as well or even AA.

Also sometimes I even prefer just 3betting it preflop. Since those kind of opponent are very likely to fold to the 3bets and we win the pot without any action postflop.

Best regards.