$13.73
      BB (Hero):
      $5.12
      MP2:
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $11.26

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, J.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.20, SB folds, Hero calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) K, 6, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, BU raises to $0.80, Hero raises to $2.82, BU raises to $4.80, Hero calls $1.98.

Turn: ($10.02) 2 (2 players)

River: ($10.02) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.02.

Results follow:

BU shows three of a kind, kings(As Kd).
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens(Qs Js).

BU wins with three of a kind, kings(As Kd).

I know that i shouldn't have called pre but this guy was stealing a lot from the BU and I decided to defend I knew his range was pretty loose .Anyway on FLOP I decided to take a flip well it was not a flip after all I had like 45% I calculated the ranges .How should I've played this hand ???
  • 2 replies
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      I think calling w QJs in the BB against a wide button range is correct here.

On the flop, it depends a bit on what your reads are/what his stats are. If you're planning to get it in on the flop, I'd prefer a c/r to also win his c-bet on the occassions he has air.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello alexgrapid,

Preflop: If I see him more often just folding if we 3bet here. I like 3betting a lot better. But calling is an option if you feel like you can overplay him.

As played
      Postflop: I'd actually like Check/Raise more here, since it looks a lot stronger and as well we might even get more fold equity with it. But as played I guess I'd just shove directly over his raise, might gain a bit more equity as we wanted to take the coinflip. Sometimes when I see not having any fold equity at all, not see him going broke anyways even when we hit. I sometimes just Call it there and reevaluate turn and might even find fold. Although your play is totally fine and we are getting pretty good equity as well there and it ain't wrong to get it in there.

Best regards.