[NL2-NL10] NL10 QQ 3-handed

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I could 3-bet here but decide to flat due to tight stats and UTG tight limper. £-bet isolates against MP raises and I think he only continues with AK and KK+. Not the worst flop for me but I dont see any value in raising here since I'm not sure 77/88/99/TT will call. Turn is not a particualrly nice card for me. AK gets there so I decide to check the turn. When they both check to me on the river I presume they both have just a pocket pair, and I'm confident someone has TT/JJ here and my river bet is designed to get value from that kind of hand. Is it okay to bet the river here for extra value or should I just shut it down ater the turn?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $16.16
      MP2:
      $10.45
      Hero:
      $10.25

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , Q:spade:
      UTG1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.45, 4 folds, UTG1 calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.50) 6:club: , 5:diamond: , 3:heart: (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, MP2 bets $1.5, Hero calls $1.50, UTG1 calls $1.50.

Turn: ($6.00) K:heart: (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($6.00) 8:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $2.4, UTG1 calls $2.40, MP2 calls $2.40.

Final Pot: $13.20
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: Against so small PFR, I don't mind the Call there at all. Sometimes I play this way as well.
      Postflop: I guess I'd bet like $2 on river but your sizing ain't wrong either. And yes you can likely bet there still like vs TT, JJ, often times when they have Kx there they would bet themselves. Just for the reason that they did Check both streets I sense weakness and I don't think that it's a very big mistake.

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      UTG had 77 and MP2 had JJ. I was surprised to see the overcall with JJ actually.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      UTG had 77 and MP2 had JJ. I was surprised to see the overcall with JJ actually.
      Yep, likely. If you just put yourself into their spot. Would you Check 2 times with Kx? I don't think so, unless you are likely a very nitty player who does play only with very strong hands.