$28.76
      CO:
      $32.72
      BU:
      $37.01
      SB:
      $5.06

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, K.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.85, SB folds, Hero raises to $3.00, BU calls $2.15.

Flop: ($6.1) Q, 6, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.80, BU calls $3.80.

Turn: ($13.7) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $6.20, Hero calls $6.20.

River: ($26.1) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $24.01, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $26.1.

Villain-unknown.Should I have played b/f turn instead.What if he just calls the turn bet,how do I proceed on various rivers?
  • 2 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well if you don't know what to do against him on this turn then you really shouldn't be 3-betting KQ preflop. If he has a tight 3-bet calling range then you can c/f the turn since you don't beat anything from his value range. TT and AQ both have you crushed.

But since its BU vs BB he might call a bit lighter and has QJ KJ JT in his range then you have to be betting the turn. By checking the turn you also open the door for him to bluff at you. And if you bet and get jamed on you pretty much have to go with your hand at that point so its an ugly spot either way.

However you look at it its always an ugly spot when you 3-bet a hand thats often dominated OOP so its probably better to flat it and play a smaller pot.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      KQ is fine hand to 3b, only problem is when players are 4b happy, then you might consider calling that hand if you don´t feel 5-bet shoving or calling 4b oop.
      I´d c/rai turn and feel good about that. He would float quite often all sort of hands, starting with 89,JT, any pp that he called pf, AJ, AT and even if he b/c these hands you´re ahead his turn betting range so I don´t see any reason why not c/rai for value that would balance out times if you´re going to c/f
      River is difficult. Ax isn´t the best card and you can´t be sure he is turning smt like QJ/JT into bluff and shove river, so c/f river is fine