[NL2-NL10] Nl5 QQ + nws question :)

• KillerFishes
      Hello Veriz,

I am worried of my game a bit :) "bad times" just came over and I'm a little scared :) )

In Februar I've played already about 70k hands... The first 35k were mine nonshowdown winnings about -30$ (which is pretty good actually! for 24 tabling and NL5 I was really satisfied - and so was my greenline :D )..
      Unfortunately the second part - the next 35k something went wrong..
      I have -175$ nonshowdown winnings for this date so it means I've lost 145$! Which means it's almost 5 times more then the first 30k hands!

Do you think it's possible the first part was affected by variances so much? However, I think it's not possible and I've made something bad in my game..
      The worst thing is that I just don't feel I changed something maybe I am doing less cbets/stealing and I am usually folding more on reraise as I did before.
      I think this is the reason that I play too passively so I will concentrate on nonshowdown play now... I want to improve that! :)

So thanks you for your help a lot :) Btw anyway I am up to ~440$ now :) )

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      MP2 raises to $0.15, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.47, MP2 calls $0.32.

Flop: ($0.96) J, 4, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.74, MP2 calls $0.74.

Turn: ($2.44) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.86, MP2 calls $1.86.

River: ($6.16) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.13, MP2 calls $2.13.

Final Pot: $10.42.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Qc Qs).
      MP2 shows a pair of kings(Kc Kd).

MP2 wins with a pair of kings(Kc Kd).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello KillerFishes,

You are loosing too much with non-showdown winnings. Likely is the reason that you playing too many tables and just folding too much where you shouldn't fold. I'd really advice you to try playing less tables and try to concentrate on your learning part. I remember my own when I used to play sngs up to 40+ tables I had almost the same problem that I played too many tables actually and run just break-even.

And it's good to hear that I can help you. Just keep going the great work and keep posting hands and you will do even better.

About the play:
      Seems to be perfectly fine, seems like you shoved on river, doesn't come up but if you did then it's nice hand! Nothing you could do differently there. Unless you know the opponent.

Best regards.