This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 ATs vs Short stack

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Opening ATs in MP2 is probably looser than I need to be, but I dont really want to fold and open limp is too weak. Anyway, as played, Turn card is decent for me to continue on I think since I'm OOP, and I'm probably check-calling here anyway so I'd rather keep the initiative. Vs his stack I'm trying to price myself in. My bet actually looks like its trying to scare away draws I think. What would be a more sensible way to play this? sizing etc?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11.4
      BU:
      $3.6

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , T:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) J:club: , 3:spade: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.7, BU calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.35) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.35, BU folds.

Final Pot: $4.70
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: If having such a shorty on BU and he is some what loose then yes, I'd rather prefer to have a bit tighter range. Although it's totally doable.
      Postflop: I'd say we still got fold equity there and also pretty great equity vs any range. Therefore I don't mind the shove at all vs his stack on turn, other option would be just to Check/Fold there. We might even sometimes be ahead of his flop Calling range.

Best regards.