[NL2-NL10] NL10 AA in 3-bet pot played badly

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I literally have no Idea why I check behind on the turn. I think I'm poorly trying to extract 1 more bet from a weaker hand rather than just manouvering his stack into the middle. This is a 3-bet pot so I should probably just bet-bet-bet here?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $8.48
      Hero:
      $10

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, 5 folds, MP1 calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.95) T:club: , 7:spade: , 4:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.5, MP1 calls $1.50.

Turn: ($4.95) 4:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.95) T:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $2.47, Hero calls $2.47.

Final Pot: $9.89

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows (Qh Qd)
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and tens (Ah Ad)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and tens (Ah Ad)
  • 6 replies
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      I would have checked turn aswell. We don't want to scare him off if he's holding JJ or Ak and we are giving him a chance to take a stab at it. It portrays the look that we are weak. Although it might be a good idea to bet 0.50 on the turn since he won't fold and he might sense weakness and raise
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      I bet the turn here as well, a lot of k10's etc would call as well as some strong flush draws would chase. A set would be very unlikely except pocket 10's.But you can't worry about 1 hand too much. I just don't like giving free cards,the river makes a fh possible to the mix.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Bet the turn as well and then ship it on river. But as played I'd still Call it since we somehow induced the bluff on river with Checking behind on turn.

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by diversfx
      I bet the turn here as well, a lot of k10's etc would call as well as some strong flush draws would chase. A set would be very unlikely except pocket 10's.But you can't worry about 1 hand too much. I just don't like giving free cards,the river makes a fh possible to the mix.
      If you dont think he has TT (since you don't want to put him on 1 specific hand) the river is actually a good card for me, since he's almost never got a full house here, and Quads would be pretty annoying. For some reason I more worried about something like AT, but that shouldnt really be in his OOP 3-bet calling range.

Veriz, is value-raising the river here an option vs his range which is a lot of PP? I think JJ/QQ/KK and maybe even something like 99/88 might still call a small value raise.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      What is his fold to 3-bet stat?

I'm betting the turn for value from weaker overpairs which are probably a large part of his range here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Veriz, is value-raising the river here an option vs his range which is a lot of PP? I think JJ/QQ/KK and maybe even something like 99/88 might still call a small value raise.

Even with overpairs he will have hard time calling there and likely if he ain't a fish then he will fold it anyways. And he could easily have himself the Tx. Calling should be likely better without reads.