[NL2-NL10] NL10 55 vs strange line preflop raiser

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I call the minraise, which looks odd in the first place. He checks to me and I feel like taking a small stab here and hope that he'll just give up with some kind of medium pair like 88/77/66. Turn isn't a great card for me. River completes the flush though and he checks to me. I feel like after checking back the turn, he's definitely betting a flush draw here. I also think he's betting a King on the flop, and an Ace on the turn. I take a stab at repping the King since I think I can easily have a King that bets the flop and checks the turn when the ace comes, but thinks its good on the river. I really don't think my 5's have any showdown value as he likely has a PP as mentioned before. How is my line?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $10.15
      Hero:
      $12.7

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 5:heart: , 5:spade:
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, CO folds, Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.60) K:diamond: , 9:heart: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.3, MP3 calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.20) A:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.20) K:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.7, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: $1.90
  • 10 replies
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      I like it. I hope I don't run into you! :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Should be somehow doable since his WTS seems to be way too small, we still can make him fold some weaker PPs there which beat us.

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by antstruk
      I like it. I hope I don't run into you! :f_biggrin:
      Thanks. I wouldn't be running form me just yet. I still have lots of leaks!
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      If you are planning on trying to barrel him off a weaker pair I think you should bet the turn not the river.

On the turn the A is a scare card and you have "leverage" - ie. he will also fear a river bet. The bet/check/bet line is more likely to get looked up than a bet/bet line.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JonikoP
      If you are planning on trying to barrel him off a weaker pair I think you should bet the turn not the river.

On the turn the A is a scare card and you have "leverage" - ie. he will also fear a river bet. The bet/check/bet line is more likely to get looked up than a bet/bet line.
      Really? I prefer to tell a consistent story. If I'm leading a King on the flop, I'm not betting when an overcard comes on the turn, and I'm definitely betting the river. Betting the flop and the turn makes no sense unless I'm repping A-high on the flop, which I will check back on the river when the flush completes and King pairs.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      I'm not betting when an overcard comes on the turn, and I'm definitely betting the river.

What hands are you trying to get this 19/14 MP3 raiser to fold after he min raises pre-flop and check/calls the flop?
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JonikoP
      What hands are you trying to get this 19/14 MP3 raiser to fold after he min raises pre-flop and check/calls the flop?
      Like I said, 66/77/88, and sometimes TT/JJ/QQ.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Ok, you hold 66/77/88 and sometimes TT/JJ/QQ.

You would fold to a turn bet on a K92A board right?

And if he's on a flush draw you just let him get there on the river.

There is a reason that bet/check/bet is a classic value line.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      He can still have Kx/Ax on the turn. His check on the river I don't think he has a flush or a King. I don't think my 5's have any showdown value and he folds a number of better hands.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      True, but Ax, Kx is a small part of his range when he checks to you on the flop and turn on a two heart board. I think the A on the turn is a great barrel card but I also think you played it fine.